Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been successful in changing the bolt pattern on the front of these trucks? I'm trying to go to 5x4.5 so I have some better wheel options but and struggling with it. I spoke with Todd at TCE performance and was told I really just need to get to a local machine shop.

Anyone had experience with this?

·
2.9 Whipple E85R A1 Transmission
10,533 Posts
Dutchman axle will make the rears..., Aerospace brakes.
You will need to find out the flange and hub size.
Aerospace will know the flange size
Wheel manufacture will know the hub size
What stud size do you plan on using?

Dutchman axle, Aerospace brakes with 5/8 studs 5 x 4.5"

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What about the rear. Is there a 4.5x5 axle that fit our trucks?
I am actually putting an 8.8 in the rear end of the truck and when I have Moser make the axles I can have them make them in the bolt pattern I want.

Dutchman axle will make the rears..., Aerospace brakes.
You will need to find out the flange and hub size.
Aerospace will know the flange size
Wheel manufacture will know the hub size
What stud size do you plan on using?

Dutchman axle, Aerospace brakes with 5/8 studs 5 x 4.5"

View attachment 536587
These are beautiful and I appreciate all the help. I'm actually working with Todd at TCE performance on trying to get a set of Weld alumastars in 18x6 to fit over a set of there 15 inch Wilwood BBK. Problem is welds bolt pattern is 5x4.5 so I need to figure this part out first if I want to get the brakes working.

·
Member Senior
147 Posts
What about the rear. Is there a 4.5x5 axle that fit our trucks?
The flange on the stock axles can be be drilled for a new pattern. Machine shops around here will do it for $50. Probably cheaper in most places. East coast prices are high for everything.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
The flange on the stock axles can be be drilled for a new pattern. Machine shops around here will do it for $50. Probably cheaper in most places. East coast prices are high for everything.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
Sir,
I couldn't disagree more.
1) A racer should be declared clinically insane when in pursuit of 200mph on stock axles.
2) When factoring in the additional charges for shipping and the added down time due to the distance, it's always been my experience that it was cheaper to have work done here on the east coast vs the West. Fortunately, there are an abundance of competent shops in the metro Atlanta area.

Keith

1 - 11 of 11 Posts