Lightning Rodder banner

421 - 440 of 462 Posts

·
NO RAGRETS!!!
12,119 Posts
The console skeletons are different from the narrow to the wide console. They have the same footprint as far as mounting goes but, they are not the same. In other words a narrow skeleton will not work on a wide console.

There is enough material to make duplicate my lid but, it is the material that is on the factory fold down armrest. The material from the seat is not big enough. I can be used to repair a drivers side seat if it is worn.

·
An analog guy in a digital world
34 Posts
Just finished mine today. That , and a passenger side power seat and lumbar conversion.

·
Registered
688 Posts
The Dupli-Color Paint code for the med gray (color of the OEM dash) is HVP-109

Does anyone know the Dupli-Color paint code for the light gray (color of the door panels)?

Correction:
Dupli-Color paint code (HVP-109) for the med gray is color for door panels and pillars

Does anyone know the Dupli-Color paint code for the dark gray (color of the OEM Dash)?

Thanks

·
Even Then I Was Old Skool!
10,406 Posts
I have to decide which color to paint the lower seat trim. My OEM side is black, and my conversion with the power seat is grey. I want to make sure I get the right prep paint, and finish paint. Can someone list the correct paint codes for the plastic interior parts here?

Bonding Primer -

Light Grey -

Medium Grey -

Black -

·
AYHIN
2,967 Posts
I have to decide which color to paint the lower seat trim. My OEM side is black, and my conversion with the power seat is grey. I want to make sure I get the right prep paint, and finish paint. Can someone list the correct paint codes for the plastic interior parts here?

Bonding Primer -

Light Grey -

Medium Grey -

Black -
Is this what you are looking for Mike?

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/MET-FV50L/99-04-Ford-Lightning-Medium-Graphite-Vinyl-Interior-Paint

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/MET-FV50DL/99-04-Ford-Lightning-Dark-Graphite-Vinyl-Interior-Paint

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/MET-FV51L/99-04-Ford-Lightning-Black-Vinyl-Interior-Paint

http://www.semproducts.com/automotive-adhesion-promoters/

·
10,406 Posts
I think Medium Graphite Grey is the door panel color. I have a can of it from when I did my triple pillar pod. I scotch-brighter it, then wiped it with PrepSol and gave it a couple of coats and never had an issue with flaking or peeling. But nobody handles it either. The power seat panel will get touched and I just figured I'd play it safe with the bonding stuff if thats needed.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Yea, I called Late Model Restoration today regarding their SEM Paint. They confirmed that the medium gray is the door panels/pillars and the dark gray is the dash color!

I think Medium Graphite Grey is the door panel color. I have a can of it from when I did my triple pillar pod. I scotch-brighter it, then wiped it with PrepSol and gave it a couple of coats and never had an issue with flaking or peeling. But nobody handles it either. The power seat panel will get touched and I just figured I'd play it safe with the bonding stuff if thats needed.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Was lucky to find an Expedition with the dark gray side panels in great shape. Painted the cup-holder panel and rear panels with 4 coats of black SEM Paint. Added carbon fiber blanks in rear panels after removing AC controls. Thanks to Eric for helping me with the lid cover and side pockets.
All put back together and ready for install.

·
Ford Certified Technician
5,194 Posts
I think If I ever desided to do this I would want the storage with the little cubby so I could put my head unit there. Blank off the factory space and put a custom guage pod there.
I hate these threads... makes me want to spend spend money!

·
10,406 Posts
I forgot to post some pix in this thread... I finally did the Console Mod this Summer, with the help of Chris [the12Fast4u], Eric [RideThe], and Scott [93Snake]. Chris cut down my seat and provided me with a nice power seat frame, did a great job on the seat. Eric made my console lid to my exact specs, using a "SVT Lightning" logo layout that I wanted... absolutely gorgeous. And my good buddy Scott helped me out with some console parts that made this all come together. Thank you guys!

What I did was build a custom LED lightbox for my console, the artwork is multi-layered but it includes all my truck's pertinent build information. During the day, the panel is unlit with white on black graphics. Turn on the parking/headlights... and you see the result... its backlit frosted green. The artwork is printed on special backlit frosted acetate. Not cheap... but it makes it a little more unique.

I added the billet cup rings, and I have all the rubber pieces as well. My dog has learned how to hurdle the console without laying a paw on it when she gets in from the driver's side. LOL, she seems to know its special!

Mike

Mike

421 - 440 of 462 Posts