Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everybody and I mean Everybody Beat there personal best at the SSOTN at Cecil.(I know this is killing you Rob02)

Great time was had to end the racing season. Its getting TOO cold to get traction.

So its time to get ready for next year. Big Plans...I mean REALLY BIG plans.

VINNIE

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
VINNIE said:
Everybody and I mean Everybody Beat there personal best at the SSOTN at Cecil.(I know this is killing you Rob02)

Great time was had to end the racing season. Its getting TOO cold to get traction.

So its time to get ready for next year. Big Plans...I mean REALLY BIG plans.

VINNIE
Yes it is KILLING ME V :sad: :sad: :sad:
Congrats again, on your new Best ET [smilie=bow.gif] (10.74 @ 127+) WOO HOO

But as Denny says, we ALSO have HUGE plans for next year. The crazy SOB wants
me to shoot for the 10's on a Stock Block, WOO HOO And Me, I'm crazy enough to say,
HELLZ YA, LETS GO FOR IT PAL ......................

Something tells me, You and I am going to have a nice showing comes Cecil Spring Nationals
(not against ea other of course, but something tells me, we'll both have new found Power) [smilie=fingersx.gif]

I know you
12's one season
11's the next
10's the next
I CAN'T WAIT FOR 05 :smt026

CONGRATS ALL MY BROTHERS :smt023

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Rob,

I say go for it, going for 10's on the stock block is wicked and VERY do'able I think!

I for one think it could be done and still not compromise the longivity of your setup if tuned right.

Denny's kit is WAY different than the others on the market and is the right setup for our trucks IMO.

My goal is mid to low 10's (one day lol [smilie=laugh.gif] ) @ full weight, yeah I know there are going to be some people right about now shaking their heads saying WTF is his problem, but that is just a personal goal I have, I think it would be cool to have a Gen 2 L at full weight making some nice et's with a solid mph at full weight, that is just me. I want to be able to drive the truck to the track and also be able to drive her home AND be able to stop off at a bar to get a drink on the way home [smilie=laugh.gif]

GO FOR IT ROB! It's all g00d man! :smt033

·
Registered
261 Posts
We'll have to take this 10 second goal in stages. The first goal is consistant mid 11's in the Spring, take the summer off as Rob doesn't race then, and go for 10's at next Fall's Cecil event. Things may change and we'll hit 10's sooner, but this is the plan that I never spoke to Rob about yet. LOL

Chris,
You are right that these motors should handle enough nitrous to do a 10 second run and you can achieve the goals you want also. With time and experience, we all find ways to do things better and more efficiently. You older guys must remeber the days when a 11-12 second track car was fast. Look how many factory cars can do this with a few bolt-ons now.

·
Frauderator
5,862 Posts
[smilie=eek4.gif]that would make a lot of people scrath there heads i for one do not know enough about motors or nitrous to even depate this. but i sure hope you are right, cause i will be right in line [smilie=fingersx.gif]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yep I reached a new bests for myself also.
13.2 with just slicks and CAI traction sucked and couldn't get my 60' below 2.0 flat
other than that not to bad I don't think. Can't wait for the spring :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.