Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend I'll get a video together of the whole truck through the stages of exhaust. Stock, spin-tech cat back, and now the added stainless steel bassani off road mid pipes.

First off let me say that my truck is not going to be a street driver this year.  I might cruise woodward in august.... But other than that it'll be race only trips for me.  Otherwise I'd not remove... nor suggest anybody remove their catalytic system for a street driven vehicle.

Well it was 11pm at night and 17 degrees outside when I finished.  The roads aren't salted but they are dusted with snow so I couldn't get on it during the test drive.
Let me just say.... HOLY COW is it loud.  And I've got about the quietest cat-back on the market too.  Idle sound is pure music to my ears. It's got a very deep & mellow tone.  There is no mistaking somethings about to happen when the motor is started. I honestly had to do a reality check that I actually put the mufflers on.  Yes! It's that loud!!   1200-2400ish rpms is L-O-U-D when moderately accelerating.   Interestingly enough at 55mph w/cruise set it's quiet enough to not draw the LEOs attention. Idle is mellow enough too.  But the slightest crack of the throttle and HELLO officer!  It's a good thing I live in Motown. Cause if I was back in southern ill small towns there is no way this would fly with the local LEOs.

To anybody who might be thinking about this? Don't do it on a daily driver.  It's just too loud.  But if your truck is a toy like mine? And you like loud things that'll make everyone in a 100yd area snap their neck to see what's going down? Then do it.  :LOL

Rich

·
Registered
228 Posts
Ok Rich my question is did you gain any power from this or is this a vanity mod? I hate to tear my exhaust up when it's working fine just so I can scare the next door neighbors dog, and I hate that dog!

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Rich, btw be sure to post up the vid in the vid section when all is ready!

I am VERRYYY interested in hearing this combo!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will do Chris. Although I've not posted one here before... ?

Bill Jordan, I don't know how it performs? It was 17 degrees out. At these temps the tires just spin at anything more than 1/3 throttle (I have a 2500 stall). If I can Sat I'll try to get a better impression and maybe some near WOT blasts.

Rich

·
Registered
228 Posts
I'm just yankin your chain a little. If it makes more power the sawzall will make quick work of those front cats........ Maybe put a set of Kenworth stacks on it and call it the "little big red truck" I'm gonna get that dog!

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
CONGRATS RICH, sounds like it's REAL LOUD based on your description, I particularly like:

I honestly had to do a reality check that I actually put the mufflers on.  Yes! It's that loud!!    :LOL :LOL

You Wild Man you, go get um this year, [smilie=3gears.gif]
BEST OF LUCK!!

:cheers:

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Rob and Bill.

Honestly.. It was 11:00pm on monday night.. my neighbor works for the post office and gets up at 3am..so he fast asleep... and when it fired and idled at about 1300ish I thought the mufflers had fallen off or something. [smilie=eek4.gif] But I was absolutely sure I had tightened everything up.

Sat I'll make a nice vid...

Rich

·
Registered
734 Posts
Rich can't wait to hear it!

Hey I got your e-mail all is well and I'll try to get around to see you before I head to TX or I'll see you when I get back. We Mi boy's are going to have to make our presence know very soon!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good deal Sauvy!

Keep er shiney side up on your trip.

Rich

1 - 10 of 10 Posts