Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
These are FULL Carbon Fiber smooth wiper cowls with the wiper holes DELETED. It’s a two piece design to avoid removing your hood. And for those of you with strict state inspections it’s simply two bolts on each side and it can be removed. Uses exsisting mounting holes.

Looking to be about a 10-14 week wait. We are in the final fitment stages.

The piece pictured still needs to be cleaned and cleared.
$816 + shipping

PM me if interested.

Automotive tire Grey Automotive exterior Bumper Road surface

Update. Cleaned up and cleared. They fit together perfect. We have no doubt they will fit perfectly on the truck. Final test fit happening now.
Luggage and bags Bag Wood Personal protective equipment Strap

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
11,545 Posts
Count me in!

·
11,545 Posts
Yeah, I have to send my money today. I keep forgetting. I sure don't want to end up like Dementia Joe.

·
11.42 @119.87 Stock Block
3,053 Posts
With these beautiful whiper cowls wouldn't you have to remove the whiper motor. does anyone know how difficult to put them in and out so I can pass state inspection

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
With these beautiful whiper cowls wouldn't you have to remove the whiper motor. does anyone know how difficult to put them in and out so I can pass state inspection
I took the hood hinge off the hood to slide the wiper assembly out. Don’t necessarily have to remove the hood.

·
11,545 Posts
I don't think the wiper motor would need to be removed. On the stock wiper area, they are recessed quite low in the cowl area. There are depression in the cowl where the wipers reside. The new one is flush fitting, so it should be well above the motors and the little nub the wipers get bolted onto.

I believe this is the reason the OP states that it's a two-piece design, for those with strict inspection requirements. Allows you to quickly remove the carbon fiber part, and put the stock items back on to pass the damn inspection requirements. Fortunately, I don't have to do either that or emissions.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
We will be test fitting for this. Just from looking at it seems like the mounting “nubs” might not clear.

·
Registered
453 Posts
one major benefit to the vent less cowl top is your air conditioning will stop smelling like cow poo ..if you have that problem as many fords seem to

my truck and my 95 Mercury grand marquis suffered the same issue

vegetable matter + water .. smells like a cows gut

a lot will be into the carbon fiber thing ,but painted body colour it does wonderful things for your truck's proportions .. like a windshield that looks 10 inches shorter at the bottom and a hood that looks that much longer

a very worthy mod

edit..a click on my avatar pic and another to enlarge it and you can see the proportional change

·
11,545 Posts
I'm waiting to find out if the wiper motors have to be removed. Don't really want to do that. Would rather not do that.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts