Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Olivia maxim 2nd sexiest woman
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had this idea for a while and today finally decided to give it a try.

This material is a PITA to install, they say you have to do it dry, but after fighting with it for a hour decided to try the wet metod and it looks like it works ok, we will see if it lasts

Here are some cell pics, some of those air bubbles should work themselves out after sitting in the sun for a few hours.

·
BLACK SUNSHINE
2,787 Posts
If its anything like tint....the air bubbles are really water bubbles that need to be squeeged (spelling) out.

I am very much on the fence about it. I can say it is completly different....but in the same breath, my brother just replaced his roof (removable) with a real carbon fiber one. And he drives a S2000.... if that says anything.

·
What's my age again?
2,070 Posts
I actually dig it. Maybe more so because I need to do this to my truck to cover up the horrible paint up there. My truck is black so it would not stick out so much and since paint isn't in the plans yet this could get me by. Any links to the product?

If not this has given me food for thought....I could even do a gloss black vinyl.

·
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I actually dig it. Maybe more so because I need to do this to my truck to cover up the horrible paint up there. My truck is black so it would not stick out so much and since paint isn't in the plans yet this could get me by. Any links to the product?

If not this has given me food for thought....I could even do a gloss black vinyl.
This material is the 3M di-noc carbon fiber they have it dry look like mine or the glossy look, I got it on eBay, you need about a 3'x4' piece, but I got a 4'x4' piece for $80.

·
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmmmmmm....... On the fence to be honest with you.
I was going to paint it flat black but I got to see if I like it before I do something irreversible,

Don't know why but it always bothered me how the roof breaks the flow on this picture.:smt102

·
tuned by JJ @ WMS
8,864 Posts
hmmm undecided of how it looks. im in the middle

·
Flyin HI
31,040 Posts
Need an after shot like the one above, but on your truck I like it. But probably not on most others.
How easy is it to remove?

·
Panty Dropper
5,911 Posts
It looks like it sits up off the roof, optical illusion or does it really sit like that?

·
Premium Member
25,433 Posts
Not installing it on my roof, but honest to god I just ordered the exact same stuff the other day. Covering a few things inside the truck and under the hood. We ordered a couple small 1' x 1' sheets of white and black last month to try out first. It looked so good that the wife even covered a couple of her electronic cigarettes with it.

·
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It looks like it sits up off the roof, optical illusion or does it really sit like that?
There is nothing else on the roof but the di-noc material so probably what you are seeing is a optical illusion like you said.:smt102

·
Premium Member
3,895 Posts
I would say carbon fiber hood and you are there. Not bad its definitely different idea. I think it has potential.

·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,683 Posts
I like it. Keeps the flow of the hood going.

It'll be interesting to see how it holds up to the elements. I'd be worried what sap, bird crap, and the sun beating on it would do. Hopefully holds up, looks nice.

·
Premium Member
8,947 Posts
i like it, not for my truck but i like it

what bed cover is that

1 - 20 of 66 Posts