Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody running the Canton Road Race oil pan? This is the one with the kickouts and baffles on the sides. I have heard that the filter is in the way when you use this pan, but I'd like to see some photos of it installed. I am curious as to the oil cooler adapter too. Do the filter and cooler adapter both have to be moved? If so, how has this been done?

Thanks,
Herb

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have the Canton pan on mine. The kickout is right next to the filter, not quite touching. It does clear though with the factory stuff. I'll be back in a few, let me put the truck on the lift and snap a couple of quick pics.

Here's the windage tray and extended pickup that comes with it; very nice stuff. The complete unit now takes 9 quarts of oil to fill.

Jody

·
El duderino
13,077 Posts
i bet it is a bitch to get the filter off. [smilie=eek4.gif]

·
Registered
202 Posts
bet on black said:
i bet it is a bitch to get the filter off. [smilie=eek4.gif]
Looks like it would but it's not hard at all. The filter wrench I have still grabs the filter easily although you have to angle it slightly to clear the pan.

Very easy.

Jody

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Jody :smt023 :smt023 :smt023

That is EXACTLY the shots I've been looking for.

Too bad I just missed one of these pans on eBay for $279! - cuz I was told it would not work!

Thanks a million.
Herb

·
Registered
202 Posts
lightninmike said:
ah crap, now i really want one
Jody you think i could get it on at a later date with the motor  in the truck
I'm sure you could, but not sure how high you'd have to lift the engine (if at all). Let me take a look at it later today and see, there may be more room than I think.

Jody

·
Registered
9,791 Posts
Hmm, Nice pan. Anyone else running one of these now.?

·
Registered
9,791 Posts
And, brite and alert minds,, waiting with Bated breath

·
Registered
454 Posts
lol... its a pan... a big one!
I don't really think about it until I go to drain it... and then you realize just how big the sucker is. That and when you're putting oil back in and...
1.....2.....3....4....5....6.... (is it going to ever stop)....7....8...(holy crap another?)... 9! Feel like the count on Sesame Street.... 9! Ah ah ha! I checked it 4 times after that making sure I didn't overfill it.

·
NO SPONSORS
5,690 Posts
hhhhmmm it might be a pain to drain also! not sure if this is the way to go for me or not.

·
Registered
9,791 Posts
As in ease of install, leaks, filter change, how low does it hang???

·
Registered
454 Posts
Dbl G said:
As in ease of install, leaks, filter change, how low does it hang???
I didn't install it... Dante did when he did the motor. Does not appear to leak. Filter change was easy as cake... and if *I* can do it, you guys can too. As far as how low it hangs, I should take some pics, but it won't be an issue. I stayed in this hotel in Old Town San Diego and I was scraping *everything* on their driveway and parking garage area : grumble, grumble :
and not once did the oil pan get hit. I'm very happy with it. It does what it supposed to do... and I like the Canton pan looks.

·
Retired Odderator
3,308 Posts
This is the exact pan I am going with in the future and it is great to see that the windage tray works with it on our 5.4's.

Very nice guys.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.