Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you know I live in NY, as you prob also know they have taken EACH and EVERY got dam race track away we ever had. #(@%@#%(&$%(*&##%
Last year they closed the last one (The longest running 1/4 mi track in the United States of America, "Long Island Motorsports Park")

Well we got us a chance to bring it all back with a Brand New Facility:
Nascar, 1/4 Mile Drag, Dirt Bike, ATV, the whole nine... WOO HOO

PLEASE PLEASE take a minute and sign this, "I would do it for you"

The Suffolk County Sports & Entertainment Park Proposal.

To be located on county land in Yaphank, featuring a 3/4 mile Nascar-type oval track, 1/4 mile drag strip, motocross and ATV parks along with entertainment venues, youth Zone and Pleasure Isle.

http://www.topgunse.com/petition.htm

More info below if your interested

Top Gun Sports & Entertainment, is a company five years into the planning and development of professional, state-of-the-art, multi-venue motorsport and entertainment facilities. The company also intends to aggressively pursue acquisitions of motorsport and entertainment facilities and companies across the U.S. Top Gun's current project is a proposed private/public joint venture with Suffolk County on county owned land in Yaphank, Long Island, N.Y. The demographic profile of Long Island, NY makes it one of the most, if not the most, desirable areas in the country. The mid-island location is only 40 minutes east of the media and financial capitol of the world, namely, New York City and less than twenty minutes west of the ultimate playground of the rich and famous of the world, namely the Hamptons.

http://www.topgunse.com/index.htm

·
Banned
749 Posts
Rob, even though i live in New Jersey, i signed... i hope everyone else will do the same no matter where they are from.. it is important that we fight to keep our LEGAL racing establishments open.. the state governments want to hurt and punish those that street race, well here is the perfect reason why, they shut down the tracks... lets keep the racing off the streets, keep it safe, and keep it legal..
thanks,
Rich

·
Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
5,887 Posts
I Agree sign it and lets keep the tracks open so everyone has a place to race

·
Registered
261 Posts
I'll write an e-mail to the AMA (American Motorcycllist Association) as I am an active long time member and see if they will add their 02 also for the motocross and ATV tracks and help push this along.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Did it Rob. Didn't put my address in just in case it matters to be local.

Good luck buddy!!!!!!!

Jody

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WOO HOO, THANK YOU ALL :smt023
WOW that would be great Denny, Thanks  [smilie=fingersx.gif]

I know they've tried this before, and I know we have a long road ahead of us,
Dam I'll prob be 50 or something by the time it opens, (but the Shelby should be running awesome by then  ;) )

Seems as though we're moving along

Status report:
The Baldassano Architectural Group has completed the initial conceptual site plan for the facility. The traffic analysis is being completed by Dunn Engineering with a clear road ahead indicated. The acoustic studies have been started by Gordon Bricken & Associates that shows nominal noise issues with minimal mitigation. AKRF is in the midst of doing the environmental studies. Local area civic groups will be scheduled for meetings since their input and support is very important to us. We want local community involvement and participation. We value their input and will meet with them as often as needed.

The political process is going fast forward. Both aisles of the county legislature and the Suffolk County Exec have embraced the project with enthusiasm and a show of very strong bi-partisan support. We have met with and have overwhelming support from the Building & Construction Trades Council of Nassau/Suffolk Counties. We very much look forward to the near eminent start of the County RFP process for the Yaphank land for which we are fully prepared to enter into. We fully understand that it can be a complex and sometimes lengthy process but the strong merit of the project for both the county and the public make it more than worth our time, effort and expense.

Top Gun has assembled only top-notch talent and professionals to work on the facility. A partial list of the proposed design and consulting groups is listed below.

Construction Manager: J. Petrocelli Contracting Corp., Ronkonkoma, LI

Architectural and Interior Design: The Baldassano Architectural Group, Ronkonkoma, LI

Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing Engineering: Local: Emtec Engineering, Ronkonkoma, LI, paired with a strong NYC firm like Flack and Kurtz, JB&B, Cosentini, Syska and Hennessy, Arup.

Structural Engineering: Thronton Tomasetti, NYC or Weidlinger Engineering, NYC

Elevator Consultant: Van Deusen Associates, NJ

Environmental: AKRF, Smithtown, LI

Noise Mitigation: Gordon Bricken & Associates-Santa Ana, Ca

Site/Civil Engineering: Volmer Associates, NYC

Lighting Design: Cline Bettridge Bernstein, NYC

Acoustic and Audio/Visual Engineers: Cearmi and Associates, NYC

Traffic Consultant: Eschbacher Engineering, Melville/Dunn Engineering, Westhampton, NY

Transportation/MTA: STV Inc., NYC

Curtainwall Consultant: Heitman Associates, St. Louis

Security Consultant: Kroll Schiff, NYC

Landscape Architect: Workshop, NYC or Abel, Bainson and Butz NYC

Graphic Design: Two Twelve Associates, NYC

Information Technology/Communications: Flack and Kurtz, NYC

Kitchen Consultant: Food Service Facilities Inc., New Canaan, CT

Geotechnical Engineering: Mueser Rutledge, NYC

Exhibit Designer: Ralph Appelbaum Associates, NYC

Special Events Planner: TBD

Facilities Management: TBD

LEED/Energy Consultant: Steve Winter Associates, Norwalk, CT

------------------

They seem to be getting all their ducks in a row.....  :smt023

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'm in . Will have to make the cross country trip when it goes through.

:smt040

Russell
2k4 lightning

·
Registered
44 Posts
Signed it already over on the SVT SNAKE forum, i was gonna post about it but you beat me to it. What an awsome track it will be . I just hope it goes through. How sweet it would be!!!!

·
paranoid
4,608 Posts
hey rob , it the kid i signed it cause you have helped me in everyway possible to get my truck to the twelves and i wanted to do something for you. even though i live in delaware i still signed it.

good luck.......................

the kid

·
Registered
648 Posts
I did it, and I live in California :D

·
Project Dirty Dog
6,747 Posts
I sigend it for you Rob, we don't need it to close so you all have to result to street racing

1 - 19 of 19 Posts