Lightning Rodder banner

101 - 120 of 126 Posts

·
Administrator
18,522 Posts
Its no wonder this forum is dead.
8 posts and you think you can comment on the health of this forum? You have no clue. I would take 5 guys from this forum against 500 from Facebook if I had to solve a problem. Stay and learn or fade away. This forum will stand the test of time.

Jim

·
The Lone Wolf
909 Posts
8 posts and you think you can comment on the health of this forum? You have no clue. I would take 5 guys from this forum against 500 from Facebook if I had to solve a problem. Stay and learn or fade away. This forum will stand the test of time.

Jim
Well said Jim. I totally agree. We could be more accommodating I'm sure. It's the Junior member being defended by a few senior members....and we're all clashing because of it

:rockon_ford Junior members PAY YOUR DUES

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Personally I think the requirements are silly. Lots of reasons why they can't possibly help protect from a scammer. But they are the rules here. And the software is set up to enforce these rules automatically. They can not be forgiven or overruled for any individual.

I can't believe a person can't make 50 reasonable posts in quick order. Ask a question. Have a discussion. Offer advice or opinion. That is what a Forum is for. The classifieds Section is simply an added service for good members to utilize. It is not the reason for the Site.

Jim
New member here. I find this pretty dumb i need to comment 50? times just so i can place a want to buy ad. Seriously? I want to buy something not sell something. I come from being a 10+ year member on the rx7club forum (username Felixisgod29x). We have itrade score there and ive bought and sold TONS of parts during my time on there. My reputation is stellar and now i have to babble 50 times here to get the parts rolling. Weak
8 posts and you think you can comment on the health of this forum? You have no clue. I would take 5 guys from this forum against 500 from Facebook if I had to solve a problem. Stay and learn or fade away. "This forum will stand the test of time." - Sears :bigtu

Jim
Well said Jim. I totally agree. We could be more accommodating I'm sure. It's the Junior member being defended by a few senior members....and we're all clashing because of it

:rockon_ford Junior members PAY YOUR DUES
"If i could just figure out why we cant gt any new/"junior" members to join and stick around to learn the brotherhood we all speak of, but dont like to spread to "juniors" .... hmmmm:bong:smt102"

·
The Lone Wolf
909 Posts
"If i could just figure out why we cant gt any new/"junior" members to join and stick around to learn the brotherhood we all speak of, but dont like to spread to "juniors" .... hmmmm:bong:smt102"
I've been trying to be more "accommodating" lately. Just drives me crazy when I feel like they don't try, or expect everyone to just give the answer a quick search would pull up. Worse they come on the board and the first post is a WTB. That being said many on here (myself included) shouldn't push out new members.
If I'm being honest Josh....they're asking for it sometimes

Maybe we all need to:smt033OR[smilie=dr

·
Registered
138 Posts
well I'm more lurker than new - join date vs post count as evidence

as for the comment of the site being dead - really ? like most haven lessened to their hard user memberships
-most of the sites I use have been like that these past few years (N B D) all the worth while types tend to hang around

AG - Autoguide ?

same owners as turbododge.com where I've been a mod for 7-8 years
(post count like 15-18 K lol)

we have the buyer's / seller's feedback deal over there .. it's a good system but it seems people have forgotten to use it to these days

I-trader , eah seems to go nowhere

I get the minimum post count number - many sites use some sort of same deal
50 posts might be a little high for the very moderate user but I know if I were to want to I'd have no trouble overcoming the 50 count

the one thing I've always felt though about min numbers to post for sale threads - not much good to the guy who just wants out of a hobby and has some stuff to clear out

- guy like that ain't likely to wanna post a whole lot if he's no longer active in the / a hobby

as a mod and regular site(s) user I can't say I see many , if any bad deals going on - at least not in the sites I use
perhaps this is due in part to the reduced site user numbers across the net and possibly so many people using pay pal who simply get their money back if they bitch
and the bad seller gets dinged , either now or the next time money goes into his account

I know in 10 years of internet use , buying and selling I don't experience many issues

as for selling stuff I'd rather use the site for sale sections and bring whatever I have directly to those who would have interest in it rather than ebay or some such
stuff can actually take years to sell so the free on site adds are really much better than running adds for only a few weeks .. adds that you have to pay for regardless of making a sale or not

edit
ooooh post count 54 - not like I was even trying .. not that I have any lightning parts to sell lol

"If i could just figure out why we cant gt any new/"junior" members to join and stick around to learn the brotherhood we all speak of, but don't like to spread to "juniors" ....

this prob has much more to do with 20 year old trucks that still sell at an average of 15K
- something I've been particularly aware of the past couple of years while shopping for another truck

·
AntiSocial
21 BMW M550i xDrive, 18 Chevy Equinox LT 2.0T
925 Posts
The post count rule is stupid. I registered here just so I could find a dang part and now I can't even post a WTB. No, I'm not going to post 50 times. I know nothing about the truck, I have no intention in keeping it. I just want to find the parts I need, restore the thing and get rid of it. Can't even do that.

·
local painter
3,208 Posts
The post count rule is stupid. I registered here just so I could find a dang part and now I can't even post a WTB. No, I'm not going to post 50 times. I know nothing about the truck, I have no intention in keeping it. I just want to find the parts I need, restore the thing and get rid of it. Can't even do that.
Nowhere in the rules for buying does it state your required to post 50 times before your allowed to buy. You cannot sell anything yet. [smilie=om

·
Administrator
18,522 Posts
Then what benefit do you bring to this community?

Jim

·
AntiSocial
925 Posts
Nowhere in the rules for buying does it state your required to post 50 times before your allowed to buy. You cannot sell anything yet. [smilie=om[/quote]

I don't want to sell. I wanted to post a WTB.

·
AntiSocial
925 Posts
Then what benefit do you bring to this community?

Jim

You mean besides being a former ASE certified tech? Absolutely none. I'm just trying to keep a truck on the road instead of in the junk yard.

·
Administrator
18,522 Posts
You mean besides being a former ASE certified tech? Absolutely none. I'm just trying to keep a truck on the road instead of in the junk yard.
You stated you only joined here to find a part. Once you have that part will you stick around and help/share with others? That is what this forum is about. There are other places set up for sales/purchases. Our classifieds are as a benefit to members. Not to hit and run.

Jim

·
AntiSocial
925 Posts
You stated you only joined here to find a part. Once you have that part will you stick around and help/share with others? That is what this forum is about. There are other places set up for sales/purchases. Our classifieds are as a benefit to members. Not to hit and run.

Jim

Once I find the part the truck can be sold. I've been through several dozen cars and nobody wants me around once I get rid of them.
Do you think I haven't looked pretty much everywhere for what I'm looking for? I've been through every forum, every auction site, dealers, aftermarket suppliers, etc.. Even Ford can't get it for me anymore. If I could get it elsewhere I wouldn't be here bothering you guys.

Only thing I could offer is an easier way to get the part. I'm just looking for the belt routing decal for the radiator shroud, and if I can find a good one I can have it reproduced. Then nobody would have to go through the shit I'm going through to try to get one when they inevitably have to replace the shroud.

·
2.9 Whipple E85R A1 Transmission
11,740 Posts
Once I find the part the truck can be sold. I've been through several dozen cars and nobody wants me around once I get rid of them.
Do you think I haven't looked pretty much everywhere for what I'm looking for? I've been through every forum, every auction site, dealers, aftermarket suppliers, etc.. Even Ford can't get it for me anymore. If I could get it elsewhere I wouldn't be here bothering you guys.
You could ask, Anyone know where I can find this part?
Instead of a WTB.

·
AntiSocial
925 Posts
So you are wanting this diagram? Mine has a carbon fiber cover with no sticker.

Yeah, thats the diagram, but I need the whole big sticker. Originally the dealer thought they could get it from Ford. But after they put in the order, Ford waited 6 weeks to decide to tell them that they were no longer available. I've been looking for one ever since.
I'm really anal about making sure all original decals are in place. Comes from years of having to search for emissions, vacuum and belt routing information. Of course, that was pre-internet, but I still like to have the information in front of me.

101 - 120 of 126 Posts