Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious as to why threads are not being deleted when posts are made on for sale threads by members with less that the minimum 50 post requirement.

Is this too difficult to patrol and enforce? :smt102

·
Divergent
13,541 Posts
Its just as easy for a potential buyer to look at that for themselves.

If its not a screen name i recognize, i dont pay it attention anyway because they dont post enough for me to buy from.

·
Administrator
18,522 Posts
Us Moderators need help with this stuff. That is what the "report a post' icon is for. When you see a potential problem post, report it!Our Mod team will investigate and take warrented action.

But like mentioned. Buyer beware, always. When you see a low post count, consider carefully and protect yourself.

Jim

·
Panty Dropper
5,911 Posts
Us Moderators need help with this stuff. That is what the "report a post' icon is for. When you see a potential problem post, report it!Our Mod team will investigate and take warrented action.

But like mentioned. Buyer beware, always. When you see a low post count, consider carefully and protect yourself.

Jim
I've reported several, that stayed up and are probably still up right now (although buried).

It also doesn't help when most member read "Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts." Perhaps that should be changed

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^ Agreed... I reported one and is still up as well. How often do the Moderators get around to performing a purge of the reported threads???

·
Even Then I Was Old Skool!
10,409 Posts
I know its a nuisance for the moderators but thats why we have moderators right? To make sure all rules are followed. OTH, couldn't something automatic be done to the setup of the forum software where if you try to post _anything_ in the Marketplace before you have 50 posts you get rejected? And if you're looking to _Buy_ something from the Marketplace, all you have to do is send the seller a PM.

·
Bet you were born naked, you SLUT!
909 Posts
s197 blocks for low post counts.

I had to ask to get approved because I don't post much on there but have been a memeber on there for a couple years.

·
AKA DADDY SHAGGY
2,466 Posts
Dont send your money as a gift. Easy as that. this is probably the best place to sell these parts. What if someone had a unicorn part and has 5 post? I'll send the money and make them pay the 3 percent and your good. I wouldn't send thousands just in case.

·
Call it like I see it....
187 Posts
low post count or high post count......it's still going to be difficult to police ALL buy/sell transactions due to lack of respect and common decency from some of these people today.
i've been on the sour end of a few deal's from high post count members in the past on other forums...i had a low post count so they found it necessary to rip me off.
one thing that i like on SVTP that is not on this site is a "feedback rating" that populates under ones screen name. allows you to see if you want to instill your trust in that member.
IMO, something that simple does help potential buyers/sellers feel somewhat more comfortable with proceeding with transactions.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dont send your money as a gift. Easy as that. this is probably the best place to sell these parts. What if someone had a unicorn part and has 5 post? I'll send the money and make them pay the 3 percent and your good. I wouldn't send thousands just in case.
I respectfully disagree, I did that for a purchase through a Craigslist ad. Buying an RC car to be shipped from Texas to Ohio. Wired the gentleman the money and the Guy was dragging his feet for over two weeks. I truly believe that I would never have received the car if it hadn't been for a forum member in Magnolia, Texas (Thanks Abdul) that personally drove to his house, picked up the car and dropped it off at the local post office. This same seller had promised to ship the extra body afterwards as it wouldn't fit into the box and I pestered him for six months, just recently gave up on it.

Either way, if I had not received the goods after jumping thru hoops to do so than I would have had to file a claim with PayPal and even further delayed the issue. It can take quite some time and hassle to bring closure to a claim.

Unicorn or not, any potential seller has the right to post up on Ebay and/or Craigslist, why would he/she need our Forum? Our Lightning forum members should have the peace of mind in knowing that any seller from within our community has been involved long enough to appreciate it and have the decency of not scamming a buyer. This, however, will not be fool proof but will definitely thin out the herd.

·
AKA DADDY SHAGGY
2,466 Posts
I got a part on here for 200... Never received it or got any repsonses from seller for a month. Went to make a claim he never answered them I guess and I got my money back. That process didn't take long at all

·
Administrator
18,522 Posts
^ Agreed... I reported one and is still up as well. How often do the Moderators get around to performing a purge of the reported threads???
Not often enough to satisfy you, apparently. But we try. While the thread is up it is quite clear how many posts the seller has and how long he has been around. Additionally you can search the seller's posting history if you like. Use the tools available to you and make the best decision for you.

Jim

·
Registered
73 Posts
You're absolutely correct, this isn't a site where you should buy / sell anything. It's a discussion board. This issues are aggravated by noisy children with too much time on their hands. I'll sell it on ebay where my rep is better.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You're absolutely correct, this isn't a site where you should buy / sell anything. It's a discussion board. This issues are aggravated by noisy children with too much time on their hands. I'll sell it on ebay where my rep is better.

You're one post closer sir... :smt023

·
The Lone Wolf
909 Posts

It's everyone's right to choose who you buy from and where you sell. I personally would rather give the community first dibs on a part before eBay.

·
Panty Dropper
5,911 Posts

Jim
Not often enough to satisfy you, apparently. But we try. While the thread is up it is quite clear how many posts the seller has and how long he has been around. Additionally you can search the seller's posting history if you like. Use the tools available to you and make the best decision for you.

Jim
So which is it? You tell members to help and report posts.. The members that do report are told to use other tools and make an informed decision. While this should be common practice for anyone buying a part, it's merely one piece of the puzzle. Is the post count a rule or not, and are you going to enforce it?! Hell, I'll volunteer to moderate the Classifieds if need be.

·
The Lone Wolf
909 Posts
So which is it? You tell members to help and report posts.. The members that do report are told to use other tools and make an informed decision. While this should be common practice for anyone buying a part, it's merely one piece of the puzzle. Is the post count a rule or not, and are you going to enforce it?! Hell, I'll volunteer to moderate the Classifieds if need be.
:bigtu I would as well.

1 - 20 of 126 Posts