Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Ballin' like King Tut
2002 lightning, 2017 porsche macan, 2016 jeep grand cherokee
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys! First time posting and have the chance to buy myself my first lightning. A guy local to me is selling a 02 red lightning with a blown motor for $1600. Theres a small catch to it though, he doesn't have a title.

He traded an lt1 trans am for this lightning. The guy that traded it too him didn't get the title from the guy he bought it from that is in my state.

The guy that sold the truck originally never gave up the title. I have messaged him on facebook but wont respond.

In New Mexico (my state) I can do a surety bond. It may take a little while to complete the process. Is it worth buying and jumping thru the hoops or would you guys pass on it.

·
Aka 2003_lightning
12,215 Posts
Buy with a bill of sale then part it out and make money off the deal

·
Bet you were born naked, you SLUT!
909 Posts
Because race truck

·
Cogswell Cogs
3,391 Posts
Two previous owners with no title to the vehicle sure is rather strange. Could be a salvage or worse, stolen.
If it was me, I'd pass on it. If stolen, the parts sales may screw you. A friend's son purchased an engine from some guy that turned out was stolen and he wound up getting arrested for possession of stolen parts. It cost him big bucks in lawyer fees to get out of that one.

There's plenty of good trucks out there. Good luck.

BTW, our daughter just moved to Portales last week so, I'll be visiting that area soon.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Here in sc it's not that big of deal. And there's several different ways. If you have family/friends in Maine or GA they have it registered there and "sold to you" or just get a buddy with a shop to do a mechanic's lean on it and "sell it" to you for a dollar. Lot of money sitting on the table there, to be made or saved.

·
Ballin' like King Tut
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's not stolen had a friend that's a cop do a ncic check on it. Car fax comes back clean.

I'm most likely going to pick it up. If I can't title it I'll part it out.

There seems to be lots of good parts on it

Attachments

·
Ballin' like King Tut
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Two previous owners with no title to the vehicle sure is rather strange. Could be a salvage or worse, stolen.
If it was me, I'd pass on it. If stolen, the parts sales may screw you. A friend's

son purchased an engine from some guy that turned out was stolen and he wound up getting arrested for possession of stolen parts. It cost him big bucks in lawyer fees to get out of that one.

There's plenty of good trucks out there. Good luck.

BTW, our daughter just moved to Portales last week so, I'll be visiting that area soon.

My wife graduated from ENMU. It's one of the best schools in the state for teaching degrees.

·
Ballin' like King Tut
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm sure I'm going to pick it up tomorrow. I'll make it a drag truck if all else fails

1 - 11 of 11 Posts