Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I WANNA EAT CHICKEN BURGERS !!!
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The gf is looking at a mazda 6. Supposedly it's 0 down and whatever the lease payment is.....plus the option to buy when your lease is up which she is looking to do. The way its suppose to work is they take what you paid in total while you were on your lease, and then subtract it from the msrp and that's what you finance. Is it actually that cut and dry or is there some hidden bs in there somewhere? Anyone who's done it chime in.

·
THE PROPER WAY TO POWDER THAT ASS
7,531 Posts
There's a bit more to it then that, yes there are some rules and such. But that being said if you follow the lease,especially mileage, you can get a hell of a deal at the end. But if you go over on your mileage you will get fuked.

case and point.

I have a friend who leased a 2008 caddy cts. He fuking babbied this thing and loved it so at the end he wanted to buy it. But he had gone over his mileage by about 10,000! The dealer actually told him that he would get a worse deal than someone off the street, and he did. He had his girlfriend come in a buy the car and she got it for about 5,000 less than the bottom line offer he could get. And he was an ex employee of the dealer working with friends. LOL no bullshit. So just read the fine print and ask questions. Or do like everyone else does and disconnect the speedo. ;)

·
Senior Lrodder
417 Posts
Yeah stickbo is 100% correct. That deal might only apply with the 0 down if you go for a set mileage per year. It is very important because going over was like .20 cents per extra mile. 5,000 miles over on your lease in a year isn't cheap. This is how it was at the Acura dealership I worked for. From what I learned, it is a very good option when looking at cars. Also some dealers will negate the overage fees if you do buy the car when the lease is up. If not, drop off the keys and be on your way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts