Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well since december they stole my truck i havent payed attention to motor or tranny but today i was messin around with it and still am, was wondering if it can still be good if i rebuilt it again jus to have a spare for my L...

·
R.I.P #3005
3,733 Posts
Doesn't look like it got too hot

·
tuned by JJ @ WMS
8,864 Posts
you wont really know till you open up the motor. wont hurt to try.

·
R.I.P #3005
3,733 Posts
I would break it apart get it tanked and see what it looks likes, worst case you can turn it into a coffee table.

Attachments

·
tuned by JJ @ WMS
8,864 Posts
lol thats a nice idea. if its no good. a coffee table hahaha

·
R.I.P #3005
3,733 Posts
nice find on the coffee table..and thats wat im trying to do jus need to remove lower pulley,,what do u mean by tanked
They call it hot tanking here, but I have heard it called other things. It's when you take your block in and they pressure clean it with some chemicals and everything nice. If you find a good place your block will come out as clean as new. :bigtu

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They call it hot tanking here, but I have heard it called other things. It's when you take your block in and they pressure clean it with some chemicals and everything nice. If you find a good place your block will come out as clean as new. :bigtu
oh ok yea i get u and it sucks cuz the motor didnt even have the 20,xxx my dad bought it from the dealer 2 yrs ago or 1 not sure

·
Flyin HI
31,040 Posts
I would break it apart get it tanked and see what it looks likes, worst case you can turn it into a coffee table.
Ugh, that's exactly what I wanted to do with my old block before I sold it but didn't think about using the rods & pistons like that. :bigtu

Oh well, next time:scared003

·
R.I.P #3005
3,733 Posts
Ugh, that's exactly what I wanted to do with my old block before I sold it but didn't think about using the rods & pistons like that. :bigtu

Oh well, next time:scared003
I started on mine, was going to bore and build it but now I just want it out of my car hole. Our blocks have a lot of creavises, lots of cleaning.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts