Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well after dragging my bumper everywhere i decided to do this i looked up here on the forum but really didnt find one that explained it so good i basically went off of pic's

First remove the 4 nuts behind the bumper "13/16" then remove your heat exchanger i have a LFP dual pass so it was just 2 small bolts & brackets.
SEcond remove the whole bumper off the truck place on top of something soft to avoid scratches.
Third remove the metal housing from the bumper just a couple of bolts on the side then cut the metal suport like in the pic just cut the sides off to keep the protection lol.

Grind upwards right on the center of the slots for the metal bumper on the frame about 3/8 like on the pic this will make the H/E flush with the bumper if not it will hang below the bumper.

Thise is what i used to grind the slots

Remove the plastics hanging under the headlights on pic 1 & 2 you wont need them anymore
Now with clamps or vise grips place the grill on the bumper and line up at your best then clamp it in place and drill holes to put them together ,i used an 1/8 drill bit and bought 10 small bolts and nuts i used the three holes on the grill shell that were there allready and just drilled 4 more in the middle

Install the metal piece bumper back in placemake sure to raise it all the way up then install your heat exchanger.
then just install grill shell and bumper back in place and bamm its done!:bigtu

just need to install a bracket in the center of the bumper too pull it back a bit then it will be completly flush
Btw i dont like the bottom billet grill so i have it like this for that reason lol.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Looks good. I remember when I did the bumper gap mod. Very time consuming lol

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks good. I remember when I did the bumper gap mod. Very time consuming lol
For being my first time i dont think i took that long i can do it much faster now and i actually wouldnt mind doing another one unlike when i did my i/c cleaning lol

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks good Chris! Let me know when you wana make a 4 hour road trip... :)
Its alot easier then what it seems man, with this instructions u should do it in about 2 or 3 hours

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I could afford the gas for that lol. As for cold last week we had days under 10° this week it's been wack. 1 day it was 57° others in the 30s, today's high is 26°.
Oh dang thats cold i was whinning about 34' degrees last night at work lol

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looks way better,this should be the same process on a HD right?
Yess i beleive so but i dont think u can screw the bumperto the grill you should just make the holes on thw frame higher up im sure it will bring it up quite a bit

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Where the hell do you get a bit like that? I have tried all the local stores and nobody has anything,closest thing they have is for soft metal.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Where the hell do you get a bit like that? I have tried all the local stores and nobody has anything,closest thing they have is for soft metal.
Sears Ace Home depot Lowes lol do u live in a dessert

1 - 20 of 34 Posts