Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my truck from the shop doing the work.

Goodies installed:
Built Long Block
Whipple 2.3
JLP Xtreme Fuel system
Fore FC3 Controller
TA cover
Blowerwhore Longer studs with 1" spacer in back.

Now the problems.

I wired the 3 pumps to be on all the time. used the stock power line to signal the Fore controller to turn the 3 pumps on. The Controller is being fed from the stud behind the Fuse box.

My battery keeps dieing can it be that the controller is causing this from that stud behind the fuse box? Ill be checking my alternator making sure it is working aswell.

Any way of getting the 100amp fed only when i turn the key on?

Turns on and drives but i took it to get tuned and we could not get the base FP set to 40. initially it was at 85 but after adjusting the regulator it wont go under 55.

Could the 3 pumps be over loading the Regulator (magnafuel)?

Fuel system has -8 F&R lines.

Thanks for the advice. Ill be getting more pictures of the stance once i get it washed and all the problems fixed :bigtu

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Why do you need three pumps running all the time? Are you overrunning the regulator? Did you upgrade your alternator? That's a lot of power to be pulling all the time not to mention heating up the fuel. I'd say your overrunning the reg.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I plan on going e85 in the future. I have the hobbs switch to wire into the 3rd pump might have to do that. at this moment i removed the signal to the 3rd pump. No i did not upgrade my alternator.

Ill see if with the 3rd pump off my battery wont die anymore.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
I know with my two pumps and a Efan my alt was struggling when I had the ac on.

·
AYHIN
3,004 Posts
Along with the other questions that were brought up, I would recommend wiring the hobs switch in to pull on two pumps and just run one pump full time. This will reduce the heat. Also I would suggest wiring the feed to the Fore controller directly to the battery.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Never took into account the heat they produced. will get all this taken care of. trying to leave myself plenty of room to grow. Just need to upgrade injectors.

Any type of relay i can add in between the battery and the controller to only receive power when the key is on?

·
AYHIN
3,004 Posts
Never took into account the heat they produced. will get all this taken care of. trying to leave myself plenty of room to grow. Just need to upgrade injectors.

Any type of relay i can add in between the battery and the controller to only receive power when the key is on?
There is no need for a relay between the battery and the Fore controller, it would be redundant. The controller is effectively the relay.

The power is sitting there, at the Fore controller waiting on the trigger you are using to trigger on the first pump. This is just like a trigger to close your proposed relay between the battery and the controller.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts