Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Honey Badger Don't care
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a guy at work who's got a real flippin mouth on him. Everything he has is better than yours, everything he does is better than you, he rides better drives better talks better.... blah blah blah...

So today I tell him I'm going monday to get my truck dynotuned, he says ohh ya, Bet my truck would pull it backwards.. I said haa, maybe on Street tires..... I told him if I bolted a set of slicks on my truck and got to do a nasty burnout first I'd drag him as far as he wanted... maybe I got a little too mouthy...

I'm sure I'd hand his ass to him in a side by side race...But could i pull him backwards??? I nerver dreamed of "hooking em up" with my Lightning...... but his backwoods country ass wants a peice..

His truck is stock, mines full built lower with JLP heads, stage 2 cams, full exhaust. With an eaton. Stall and built trans. Tuner and I talked about hopefully getting 450 or so to the wheels, and 550+torque

What you guys think? This hook up probably wont ever happen but it did get me wondering..lol

·
11 Second Club
15,091 Posts
WTF lol!!! You'll def Break something.IDK I wouldn't try it. Ill do wha I did to a tundra Owner Talking shit. Got on his side Stomped it and left him deaft....

·
Florida>Texas
10,629 Posts
You are going to eat him. A S/C tundra however will beat a stock L

doubt it. my uncle has one and it still runs mid 14s. The weight kills them trucks

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
The heavier truck will win in a pulling contest, especially if he is 4WD. A pulling contest is simply a matter of traction when both vehicles have enough power to spin the tires. Better tires &/or more weight will beat more power. If however you decide you must do this contest and you want to win do this:

Before the contest do a burout to heat your tires, then when the contest "starts" just hold onto your brakes really hard (with your left foot) and do not hit the gas. He will sit there and spin unable to overcome the traction of all 4 of your tires with his one or two. The instant you hear him let go of the throttle and stop pulling take your foot off the brake and hit the gas as hard as you can without spinning at the same time. He will be off the throttle and probly not on the brake yet and you will start pulling him instantly. Make him look like an idiot with your skill at his own game.

·
Florida>Texas
10,629 Posts
The heavier truck will win in a pulling contest, especially if he is 4WD. A pulling contest is simply a matter of traction when both vehicles have enough power to spin the tires. Better tires &/or more weight will beat more power. If however you decide you must do this contest and you want to win do this:

Before the contest do a burout to heat your tires, then when the contest "starts" just hold onto your brakes really hard (with your left foot) and do not hit the gas. He will sit there and spin unable to overcome the traction of all 4 of your tires with his one or two. The instant you hear him let go of the throttle and stop pulling take your foot off the brake and hit the gas as hard as you can without spinning at the same time. He will be off the throttle and probly not on the brake yet and you will start pulling him instantly. Make him look like an idiot with your skill at his own game.[/QUOTE]

:smt023

·
BLACK SUNSHINE
2,787 Posts
Got a guy at work who's got a real flippin mouth on him. Everything he has is better than yours, everything he does is better than you, he rides better drives better talks better.... blah blah blah...

So today I tell him I'm going monday to get my truck dynotuned, he says ohh ya, Bet my truck would pull it backwards.. I said haa, maybe on Street tires..... I told him if I bolted a set of slicks on my truck and got to do a nasty burnout first I'd drag him as far as he wanted... maybe I got a little too mouthy...

I'm sure I'd hand his ass to him in a side by side race...But could i pull him backwards??? I nerver dreamed of "hooking em up" with my Lightning...... but his backwoods country ass wants a peice..

His truck is stock, mines full built lower with JLP heads, stage 2 cams, full exhaust. With an eaton. Stall and built trans. Tuner and I talked about hopefully getting 450 or so to the wheels, and 550+torque

What you guys think? This hook up probably wont ever happen but it did get me wondering..lol

:violent069

With that combo, he wont know what hit him!

Tell him you want to try it from a 20 roll.....(that way, you have a better chance of getting the tires to hook)

if he doesn't, drop some tire pressure...

Make sure to bet lunch or dinner on it, then after you win, you can tell him how slow his truck is the whole meal.

:bigtu

·
haz bewst
163 Posts
Tell him you want to try it from a 20 roll.....
If they start a pulling contest with a 20 mph start somebodys neck is gonna snap.

·
Registered
173 Posts
pullin?

I wouldn't waste you time, neither yours, or his, is built for such a dumb thing. . .

if he wants to race, suck the paint off that tojo. . . otherwise, leave the pulling for the parking lot farmers

·
BLACK SUNSHINE
2,787 Posts
If they start a pulling contest with a 20 mph start somebodys neck is gonna snap.
If you really thought I was reffering to a "pulling" match at 20mph....

:shocked003

something's seriously wrong, and you should stop drinking this instant! Or at least start sharing!!!!

[smilie=dr

op.....

I wouldn't even try the pulling match. let him tear up his on crap with someone else......

[smilie=3g

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
As funny as it would be to watch you pull him around a parking lot.. It's just a waste of time just tell him to kick it from a roll and show him how a real truck gets down..

·
Florida>Texas
10,629 Posts
I was running 14.5's when my Xrunner was stock. We had a few guys with S/C tundras that were running mid 13's. Sea level here too

me and my uncle raced a few times with his. mine is basically stock with only a intake and muffler. and i get 4-5 cars on him. a stock L can run mid 13s depending on track, temp, etc...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts