Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We have a Ford GT Aluminum block converted to Wetsump for fit in a Lightning/Mustang/GT500 application. This block was one of the orignal GT blocks we converted to wetsump back in 2005-2006 when these were available from Ford Racing. The machine work was done in order to fit a block mounted oil pump, starter pocket, and inspection hole for the converter bolts. These 5.4L blocks are the strongest and lightest version available for your Lightning truck! Unlike the GT500 aluminum blocks that have spray bore lining only measuring .006" thick these blocks have steel sleeves that are over .300" thick! This prevents cylinder wall distortion and provides room to bore the block and leave plenty of meat in the walls. This block is .020" measures 331 cu in and has Mahle Forged aluminum pistons with a 12.5 cc dish yeilding approximatley 9.7:1 compression with CNC ported 2V heads. This shortblock was intended for a Cobra Jet build but we are converting the car to 5.0L coyote platform instead. Rated to handle 1500 HP this shortblock is your holy grail! Requires our custom Aluminum pan and GT gasket for fitment.

Ford GT Aluminum 5.4L Block bored .020" Wet sump converted
Cobra Jet steel forged crankshaft
Manley H beam Rods with ARP2000 bolts
Mahle Forged aluminum Cobra JET NHRA spec pistons
Moly Rings
Speed Pro bearings
ARP main studs (GT spec)
Fully assembled, blue printed, and balanced

CALL FOR PRICING!!!! If you are in the market for this you should be pretty aware of what this will cost. We retail this shortblock with a GT500 block to our CJ customers for $12,995. We are looking to move it so the price is very good for being a GT block. Comes 1 year warrantied as long as there is no detonation.:bigtu

Thanks,

[email protected]

·
105's Coming Soon!!!
2,359 Posts
DAYUMM!!! :smt118

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
I'm gonna go ahead and run my block with the factory spray on liner and see what happens. I may have to sleeve it if it doesn't prove out. The spray on liner is lighter and it is has 30% less resistance than a sleeved block.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I'm gonna go ahead and run my block with the factory spray on liner and see what happens. I may have to sleeve it if it doesn't prove out. The spray on liner is lighter and it is has 30% less resistance than a sleeved block.
Can you attach a honing plate and hone the cylinders walls to create perfect alignment or has that already been done?

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
Can you attach a honing plate and hone the cylinders walls to create perfect alignment or has that already been done?
That was done from the factory. The Trinity blocks were built in Germany, and all the machine work was done before the liner was sprayed onto the block.

·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,677 Posts
always the timing when I've got my iron block ready to drop in, that a deal on an aluminum block pops up lol

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So my GT 500 Alumn steel sleeved block's value keeps rising.. :bigtu
You have the Supercar GT block right DL....Yeah we have had people offer $7,000 for a bare block. You simply can not get them and they are the best 5.4L block you can work with.

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
H beams are rated to 1500 hp? Misprint? :smt102 [smilie=dr[/quote]

The rods aren't rated by Manley that high but we have had them consistently handle that sort of power over the years. All of our Super Cobra Jet customers run them and make between 1300-1500 HP. They run entire seasons hammering the snot out of these engines and we rarely see issues with the rods when they come out for a rebuild.

·
Registered
666 Posts
You have the Supercar GT block right DL....Yeah we have had people offer $7,000 for a bare block. You simply can not get them and they are the best 5.4L block you can work with.
Yes sir. :cheers Recently got offered 8K for mine, gonna hang on to it. Great investment at the time for $2,200.00 shipped. :shocked003

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
So glad i picked up that complete Al. long block from you guys a while back.................

Bird

·
Head of R&D at A1 Transmission
5,624 Posts
The rods aren't rated by Manley that high but we have had them consistently handle that sort of power over the years. All of our Super Cobra Jet customers run them and make between 1300-1500 HP. They run entire seasons hammering the snot out of these engines and we rarely see issues with the rods when they come out for a rebuild.
Awesome info! I'd asked around somewhat but never got this good of an answer. Glad I stuck with the H beams when I went turbo. I'm sure you guys spin the GT's near 7K also.

Awesome short block btw! :bigtu

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Damn, wish I could just get the block right now as that's exactly what I'm looking for. Just curious any idea what the compression would be with some ported GT heads? I bought my heads from you guys a while back.

No chance you sell just the block? hahaha

·
Registered
129 Posts
So my GT 500 Alumn steel sleeved block's value keeps rising.. :bigtu
LOL, I've got TWO of them. One sitting in my Lightning and the other a bare block needing a sleeve from a .070 groove.

Somebody make me a reasonably offer on either :rockon_ford

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Hey Gator, you got a PM

1 - 20 of 22 Posts