Lightning Rodder banner

How do you feel about build number sticker on a Lightning?

• Yes, I have my build number on the bumper.

Votes: 36 29.0%
  • No, that looks stupid as hell.

Votes: 47 37.9%
  • I haven't yet but plan to.

Votes: 41 33.1%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the build numbers on the front bumper of both my SVT's. It was the first thing I did after each purchase. I was curious about how the Lightning community feels about them.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Poll added.

·
Boost-A-Holic
5,471 Posts
I have mine and really like it. However, it is the "rice" part on my truck...considering it adds no HP, and is from another product line. At least, I think having something that was for Saleen on an SVT is kinda ricey. WHatever. I still like it!

·
Say when
2,762 Posts
Not for me. I do like BlowerWhore's stickers on the winshield and window.. His is just a number he likes for the track but I'm sure a build number would work as well. Maybe he'll post'em up

·
Boostaholic
5,129 Posts
I have one on mine and I really like how the white numbers look on my black bumper. I think since its stolen from the Saleen line its not really ricer and a nice touch if done right

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I have mine and really like it. However, it is the "rice" part on my truck...considering it adds no HP, and is from another product line. At least, I think having something that was for Saleen on an SVT is kinda ricey. WHatever. I still like it!
They sell the stickers at the SVTOA store so that makes it ok. :bigtu

·
7th Fetzer valve, yeah...
2,143 Posts
I even think the I.D. numbers on company cars look cool.

·
7th Fetzer valve, yeah...
2,143 Posts
Prolly not as cool as your avatar though :laughing25 Is that Chevy Chase?

Sorry for the off topic post.... Couldn't resist
It's Fletch as Gordon Liddy, airplane mechanic.

·
Registered
17,565 Posts
I think Stew can get you a better deal

lol yeah we got that price beat by quite alot:cheers

I use to have my numbers for my Harley on the front bumper...but I cut some smaller ones and run them on the front headlight on my xenarcs where the amber strip would be on a set of stock harley lights.

·
Cogswell Cogs
3,382 Posts
On my H-D I have the build number engraved on aluminum (DMR) door sill plates.
I really don't like sticking items on painted surfaces. I usually use the rear glass for decals that way they are easier to remove.
I like Stew's idea though.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ya I bought them from SVTOA back before I even know LR existed. Let alone Bgstew. I have his gel overlays on both my cars too.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
NO a Lightning is not a Saleen, plus Saleen's quality has gone down in the past 10 or so years. They tried to do other vehicles and just pulled off parts from Mustangs and slapped them on.
We drove the boys Saleen from here to him in Tx by the time we got into TX the rear tires looked like slicks because the car was so far out of alignment.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
About this Discussion
59 Replies
42 Participants
J.Rovirosa
Lightning Rodder
Join our Lightning Rodder community to discuss the supercharged Ford F150 SVT and Harley Davidson edition pickup.
Full Forum Listing