Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
.030, XR heads, [email protected]
12,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
it's been 1.5 year build..... :smt101

now:

built 355; balanced & blueprinted built to 11:1 (gets Nitrous this spring)
eagle H beam rods/ Black Diamond Pistons
ported polished heads/ intake
stage 3 cams
electric water pump/ fans
Long Tube headers/ dump exhaust with X-pipe
all heater core n a/c deleted
3600 RPM Stall
built tranny
ALL BMR suspension
T/A girdle
power slot rotors
light weight carpet installed
M/T rims n tires put on tonight
He's got the front matching Pro-Star rims... just ran outta $$ for the front tires.... just wants to get a few runs in before the snow flies?!:smt102

I know Steve and I have put quit a few hours into this ride getting it to where it's at!:cheers

This is what's gonna run tomorrow at KCIR for the 1st time EVER?!

Should be fun??? Any idea's what it might run? He's hoping mid 12's?:smt102

Steve has helped me mod my L; hence why I posted this up for everyone to see.... he's not biased towards make/models... just another gear head like the rest of us!:smt023

steve's Camaro 14 Oct 2010 001.jpg

steve's Camaro 14 Oct 2010 002.jpg

steve's Camaro 14 Oct 2010 008.jpg

steve's Camaro 14 Oct 2010 007.jpg

steve's Camaro 14 Oct 2010 003.jpg

steve's Camaro 14 Oct 2010 004.jpg

steve's Camaro 14 Oct 2010 006.jpg

steve's Camaro 14 Oct 2010 005.jpg

·
12,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and yes, it's dusty from a cross state trip getting street datalogged n tuned.

It's a 1994 LT1 FYI

·
R.I.P #3005
3,733 Posts
With all the weight out of it he should get a mid 12. What did he dyno? Or did he not do that yet

·
12,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
With all the weight out of it he should get a mid 12. What did he dyno? Or did he not do that yet

he did NOT dyno tune it... they real world street tuned it. Experienced tuner said it should run 12's all day long?

this coming up spring it's getting a 200 2 step shot of the bottle?!:shocked003

·
R.I.P #3005
3,733 Posts
Thats a lot of bottle [smilie=dr

·
12,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats a lot of bottle [smilie=dr[/QUOTE]
should run better than that Geo did?!:laughing25

gotta get him some seat time in it..... before he goes crazy in it?!:shocked003:scared003

runs damn strong on the street though?!:smt102

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,537 Posts
it's been 1.5 year build..... :smt101

now:

built 355; balanced & blueprinted built to 9.5:1 (gets Nitrous this spring)
Mahley Rods/ Black Diamond Pistons
ported polished heads/ intake
stage 3 cams
electric water pump/ fans
Long Tube headers/ dump exhaust with X-pipe
all heater core n a/c deleted
3600 RPM Stall
built tranny
ALL BMR suspension
T/A girdle
power slot rotors
light weight carpet installed
M/T rims n tires put on tonight
He's got the front matching Pro-Star rims... just ran outta $$ for the front tires.... just wants to get a few runs in before the snow flies?!:smt102

I know Steve and I have put quit a few hours into this ride getting it to where it's at!:cheers

This is what's gonna run tomorrow at KCIR for the 1st time EVER?!

Should be fun??? Any idea's what it might run? He's hoping mid 12's?:smt102

Steve has helped me mod my L; hence why I posted this up for everyone to see.... he's not biased towards make/models... just another gear head like the rest of us!:smt023

oh wait, you're not racing him

in all seriousness, that car looks like a lot of fun as long as it maintains traction
http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac292/luft11hoflich/shat/you-gonna-get-raped.jpg

·
12,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
btw, he traded a nitrous bottle (empty) for those tires?! aka $80!:shocked003:bigtu

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Stock 10 bolt will not like those tires at all..................................

Bird

·
What's my age again?
2,070 Posts
I hated modding my LT1 when moved into an LS1 powered vehicle life became much easier. Screw optispark!

·
Spanking Viper Trucks
2,115 Posts
Nice looking mullet machine. I like the hood.

·
12,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And you forgot pics of the most important part.
The motor bay. :smt023

Tell him good luck on his quest for a NPB.

1st pass was 13.01 .... 12.89...... 12.68 ; it DEFINITELY needs injectors n a new fuel pump. On the 2-3 shift it was running outta fuel which we all know is NOT good.... it'll get fixed and see how much that helps?!

NOTHING BROKE.... hooked great.. didn't go sideways.... fun was had by all!:bigtu

steves engine bay.jpg

·
THE PROPER WAY TO POWDER THAT ASS
7,531 Posts
Dude something is REALLY wrong. He should be DEAP in the 12's and high 11's.

Such a purty motor but he has the harness all jacked up. I love those cars. I have owned 2. btw bone stock I went 13.5 on bald street tires so yeah, something wrong. I have a friend that went 11.3 with a 150 shot, a cam, and exhaust. Those cars have infinite potential. Btw yeah fuk optispark and plugs/wires on those cars. NIGHTMARE!!!

·
12,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dude something is REALLY wrong. He should be DEAP in the 12's and high 11's.

Such a purty motor but he has the harness all jacked up. I love those cars. I have owned 2. btw bone stock I went 13.5 on bald street tires so yeah, something wrong. I have a friend that went 11.3 with a 150 shot, a cam, and exhaust. Those cars have infinite potential. Btw yeah fuk optispark and plugs/wires on those cars. NIGHTMARE!!!

like I said.... he needs bigger injectors and a new fuel pump. that's the only old picture I could find of his motor. His tuner deleted something... wires wise on it when they tuned it in St. Louis last week. I'll have to get a better picture of it to post up.

I'm pretty sure he's hooked on going racing now?!:cheers

·
7,531 Posts
like I said.... he needs bigger injectors and a new fuel pump. that's the only old picture I could find of his motor. His tuner deleted something... wires wise on it when they tuned it in St. Louis last week. I'll have to get a better picture of it to post up.

I'm pretty sure he's hooked on going racing now?!:cheers

Good deal. Was he going super lean? I miss my maro;s bad sometimes. I dont even know if I have any pictures. :( tell your buddy he did a nice job on the build. Those cars just pull and pull and pull up top. I sold my 96 for $2000 cash. :( it was perfect to, I am such a douche

·
tuned by JJ @ WMS
8,864 Posts
das a nice maro,, friend ha 2 1st 1 he fukd up by i think he lifter or somethin got stuck to the cam idk wut it was so dont quote me on it n decided to exchange all of the LS1 front to a white 1 hes building but as of right now it is stock n real nice.....

·
7,531 Posts
das a nice maro,, friend ha 2 1st 1 he fukd up by i think he lifter or somethin got stuck to the cam idk wut it was so dont quote me on it n decided to exchange all of the LS1 front to a white 1 hes building but as of right now it is stock n real nice.....

He probably bent a pushrod from overrevving. They had a tendancy to do that. I did plenty, but its a super easy fix.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
About this Discussion
40 Replies
15 Participants
exracr
Lightning Rodder
Join our Lightning Rodder community to discuss the supercharged Ford F150 SVT and Harley Davidson edition pickup.
Full Forum Listing