Lightning Rodder banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Congrats on the time and the 60ft. That's really hauling the mail for a street truck in the trim for sure. I would also love to see some pictures of the setup if you ever get a chance.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Congrats on the time and the 60ft. That's really hauling the mail for a street truck in the trim for sure. I would also love to see some pictures of the setup if you ever get a chance.
Thanks.. it's fairly straightforward combo. Only thing I think we do different than most is that we run a NANO nitrous assist bottle. Makes the nitrous very consistent and trouble free. I have it wired to a grab button in the cab. We have a progressive controller too if we want to use it but I like the on demand style of the grab button. We built a homemade ice water system for the intercooler as well. We use a standard rotomold type cooler with a bilge pump mounted inside the cooler. It doesn't sweat, opens wide for dumping ice, and we can run a a lot of ice if we want. And I can remove it quickly if I want to. Maybe I will take some pics of it sometime.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Boss Hoss

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Couple I took today before changing the wheels/tires back over to street trim.

·
Registered
2004 Sonic Blue Truck is # 3348 of 3781 built on 05/03/2004
2,983 Posts
Good looking truck.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Congrats ! Pi or Tfs heads and which Kb, 2.6 or 2.8? Not sure if you remeber me , we've talked a few times way back when I had my 93 Lightning with a Vortech.

Jamie R.
03 DSG Gen2

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Congrats ! Pi or Tfs heads and which Kb, 2.6 or 2.8? Not sure if you remeber me , we've talked a few times way back when I had my 93 Lightning with a Vortech.

Jamie R.
03 DSG Gen2
Oh yeah I remember. It's got old pi heads from JDM. We went with the 3.2 kenne bell.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts