Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went back to the track to try and sneak past the 5 second barrier and was able to just pull it off. Last time we ran a 6.07 we were 4700lbs. We took off 120lbs for this pass and added 2 more psi boost. Still on our 100 shot as well. Also attached is our new PB boost only pass. Was on 16* timing for boost and I pulled out 3 degrees for the nitrous run. Think there is a video somewhere too. will try to get it up soon.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Video here:

·
Administrator
18,441 Posts
1.31 sixty and into the fives at that weight is impressive!!! I am a HUGE fan of a bit of spray.

Jim

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1.31 sixty and into the fives at that weight is impressive!!! I am a HUGE fan of a bit of spray.

Jim
Thank you sir. We definitely need the spray to compensate for the weight but it works. Also had alot better air last night. I'm sure that was part of it.

·
local painter
3,048 Posts
Well done congrats 👍🏻

·
11 second street truck
2001 Ford Lightning
10,983 Posts
That 60 is awesome

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bad ass, welcome to the 5 second club.
Stiller 60'
Thank you sir. A promod went down our lane right before me so I figured I could hit it kind of early with the spray.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Damn congrats that truck is fast! Do you track only or also drive it on the street?

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Damn congrats that truck is fast! Do you track only or also drive it on the street?
Basically only drive it on the street. We put it in race trim rarely. Sometimes going a couple years without racing. It is literally a grocery getter. Goes to the store, out to eat, or to the golf course lol. Running pump e85 (tested 83%). No cage (I know unsafe). Modified our wipers to work with the big ole 3.2 powerflow plenum. We drive it in the rain so we needed it. All solid glass. Stock interior still. No removal of front steel bumper or frame horns. No removal of steel supports in doors. A/C and heat working great. Our weight reduction on the street consists of a roll pan and fiberglass leaf springs. That's it. At the track we pulled passenger seat, tailgate, and run lightweight battery.

Reactions: Boss Hoss and NMSVT

·
Registered
934 Posts
Basically only drive it on the street. We put it in race trim rarely. Sometimes going a couple years without racing. It is literally a grocery getter. Goes to the store, out to eat, or to the golf course lol. Running pump e85 (tested 83%). No cage (I know unsafe). Modified our wipers to work with the big ole 3.2 powerflow plenum. We drive it in the rain so we needed it. All solid glass. Stock interior still. No removal of front steel bumper or frame horns. No removal of steel supports in doors. A/C and heat working great. Our weight reduction on the street consists of a roll pan and fiberglass leaf springs. That's it. At the track we pulled passenger seat, tailgate, and run lightweight battery.

Thats impressive! Thats where these trucks belong... on the street! I try to daily mine as much as possible when its not down lol. You have a winning setup that i wouldn't mess with. 🍻

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
YouTube link added to original post. Not a great video but it works.

Reactions: NMSVT

·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,630 Posts
Congrats man! Awesome on the 5 sec 1/8th, as well as that killer 60' time!

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Truck is a beast! Would love to see more pics of your truck.
I will have to take some.. it is my dad's truck so I don't have alot on hand. I just wrench on it and tune it. In turn I get to race it.

Reactions: Boss Hoss

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Great run and congrats again. My schedule didn't allow for me to get up to the track and watch so really glad you got it on video.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Great run and congrats again. My schedule didn't allow for me to get up to the track and watch so really glad you got it on video.
No problem. Yeah gotta get some type of video these days or people think your lying lol.

Reactions: Boss Hoss

·
Registered
8 Posts
congrats brother, you have a beautiful truck, a real silver assassin, man she leaves that line like a angry lioness defending her cubs:eek:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts