Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Less than 1,000 miles. No problems or issues, going another route.. Combo makes 15 lbs boost on stock Eaton.

>Included;
*Lower Cog lower Ring 6 lbs- (without Metco Hub. < you will need one to install)
*Brettco CNC Black Tensioner with pulley.
*Brettco Upper Cog Pully "2.93"
*Metco Upper Hub
*(2) Brettco idler pulleys
*Cog Belt
*HARDWARE that cam with the set up & hardware I used to line up tensioner.

$1,200.00 & You pay for the shipping. PM Me.

I have a video of them rolling upon request

Attachments

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
How much for just the tensioner?

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
11,431 Posts
Not selling separately.
Correct. The person that buys those cogs will be better off having it. How does that upper pulley mount? Looks like it bolts to a four bolt adaptor. Also, LFP sells a lower hub that fits that lower cog perfectly.

That blurb about the idler pulleys is incorrect. You have to use lipped idler pulleys with cogs, since the upper and lower cog don't have any lips. The lips on the idlers keep the belt in the proper location on the upper and lower. Also the tensioner pulley should be lipped.
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Car Vehicle

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Correct. The person that buys those cogs will be better off having it. How does that upper pulley mount? Looks like it bolts to a four bolt adaptor. Also, LFP sells a lower hub that fits that lower cog perfectly.

>Cog bolts up to a hub that presses on same as oem. Pretty aggressive look. I do like seeing that when opening hood.
That blurb about the idler pulleys is incorrect. You have to use lipped idler pulleys with cogs, since the upper and lower cog don't have any lips. The lips on the idlers keep the belt in the proper location on the upper and lower. Also the tensioner pulley should be lipped.

>didn't think about that.. they will be included then. I will update add.
Thanks.

View attachment 546933

·
regular joe
2002 True Blue
1,935 Posts

That blurb about the idler pulleys is incorrect. You have to use lipped idler pulleys with cogs, since the upper and lower cog don't have any lips. The lips on the idlers keep the belt in the proper location on the upper and lower. Also the tensioner pulley should be lipped. View attachment 546933
Not quite. I have a lipped and non lipped idler on my cog setup. No issues whatsoever.

A stock tensioner with the toothed pulley also works just as well.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Not quite. I have a lipped and non lipped idler on my cog setup. No issues whatsoever.

A stock tensioner with the toothed pulley also works just as well.
Ive ran a lipped and a non lipped pulley it gets the job done, but they didnt match.

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
11,431 Posts
Is he still making things? I know he had the business listed for sale for a while there...
I was curious about that as well. Wish he still came around here. I wanted to ask him what size upper pulleys he makes, if he still does.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah....totally get that. Mine doesnt match either. I will, eventually, buy a lipped idler from brett
I have one that fell off the work bench and dented the corner. I straightened it up but didnt use..
Bearing needs to be epoxied. Has a little slop.

$50 shipped to you.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts