Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about getting these brakes. Anyone use these before? Install question. If I replace should I bleed the lines or that doesn't matter?

Thanks for the input

·
Registered
169 Posts
I wouldn't put those on a lightning i had the same ones on mine and they cracked within 6 months. IDK who but i found out the hard way that drilled and slotted rotors and these trucks don't mix well.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Drilled rotors are generally a bad idea, unless they are cast that way or chamfered after drilling. The constant expansion and contraction of the rotors makes cracks start at the drilled holes and they progressively get larger. Slotted or dimpled is the way to go.

If you're replacing calipers you're going to have no choice but to bleed the brakes.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
I have had those exact rotors installed on my truck for close to 10,000 miles. I have had 0 issues with them. Not hard on the brakes by any means, but have had a few panic stops and show no signs of cracking.

Would I buy them again? possibly.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have had those exact rotors installed on my truck for close to 10,000 miles. I have had 0 issues with them. Not hard on the brakes by any means, but have had a few panic stops and show no signs of cracking.

Would I buy them again? possibly.
Do you daily drive your truck? Thanks

·
RWHP ADDICT
595 Posts
Ive used Powerstop rotors for years on a daily and I have yet to have one single issue , wouldn't hesitate to run these unless I was stepping up to Wilwoods.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
10,000 miles is 10,000 miles. I have had a few panic stops from 60-70mph. Normal daily driving wont put anywhere near the heat in a rotor as a panic stop. Heat is the killer. I have also had issues with my rear calipers hanging up not long after the powerstop rotors were installed. At one time measured a rotor at 400F+, my IR temp gauge only goes up to 400F and it was maxed for several minutes after parking. Zero issues as far as cracking. Also have had many many slow downs from 130mph + from datalogging and racing. If that's not good enough for you, maybe you should invest in a big brake kit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts