Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know what happened but now the trucks brakes keep releasing slowly. It feels like they release all the way after a few seconds but I think there may still be some pressure on them. Pulled everything part and cleaned them up again. No signs anywhere of any problems. Still had anti sieze on everything and everything slid freely. Never had such an odd problem. The rubber hoses deteriorating? Booster? Open for any ideas

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
If the booster was ever changed out, it could be the operating rod not adjusted correctly - otherwise I'd guess one or more brake hoses are breaking down internally.

Bird

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Booster is stock....never really done anything to the brake system other than pads and rotors. I think it sits to much. Im goin to replace all the rubber lines and go from there I guess

·
Registered
263 Posts
If it feels like you have "sticky" brakes, the most likely cause is a caliper piston hanging up. Pull the wheels, pop off the calipers and see if the pistons return without too much effort. When reassembling, put a touch of grease on the hardware that helps the caliper float/slide as the rotors wear.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Replaced both rubber front brake lines and problem solved. They were super soft and looked as if they had been kinked between the lower bracket and caliper. Anyways was a cheap and easy fix. Thanks for everyones input

1 - 5 of 5 Posts