Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem with my brakes and I was hoping that some of you could help me with the answer. I just had to get my pads and one of my rotors replaced. The rotor that was replaced was on the front passenger side of the truck. I have heard that rusting was normal on a new rotor, but here in New Orleans its been raining alot lately and when I looked at the truck yesterday and a good part of the wheel was coated in rust. The worst part about this is when I looked today there was rust all on the outside of the truck from behind the front wheelwell, all the way to the tail light. I went through a carwash because it was raining so bad and the rust didn't come off. I then preceded to wash that area by hand and some of it came off but not all. My question is, is this normal? Or do I have a problem. Thanks in advance for any help you could give.

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
WOW

That Sucks :sad:

Bro my truck sits and sits and sits A LOT
and in Rain, covered in Snow all winter, and sometimes not driven
for days, weeks, (or more in the winter) and I'VE NEVER HAD THAT HAPPEN ?
(it stays out UN-COVERED 24/7 12 mo a yr) :sad:

SEE :D

GOD I HATE WINTER..........

Of course yes, the Rotors will rust up EVERY NIGHT HERE due to due,
humidity, rain, moisture, etc... happens on both my Vehicles, but I've NEVER
had rust in the, OR ON THE Rims ??? WTF is that about ???
AND NEVER NEVER on the Truck it self (Mine's Black, I would see it instantly)

That is one weird problem,
Unless you got a bad Caliper on that side and it's cooking the schitt out of
the Rotor, and MAYBE as it's raining the SOB is throwing HEATED HOT RUSTY WATER OUT OF IT
and then it goes of course through the Wheel, and gets THROWN all over the truck on turns.
Then drys, and even bakes on the truck on a hot day ????

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I got some of the rust off today but not all of it (it is a SOB to get off). But what you said about water splashing rust all over the side makes sense. Ill have to wait and see how it goes when the weather dries up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts