Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A good friend of mine has a 2002 Harley Davidson Truck (supercharged, 4dr heritage body style) He thinks they are 14mm lugnuts, so they'd be the same as the lightning?

He is looking to get a set of brake rotors cross drilled and slotted. He's also looking for some quality pads to go with them. I told him I'd make a post and see what's out there.

Does anyone have a hookup on these, or can point me in the right direction?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Yeah the rotors are the same between the HD and the L.
The brake caliper is slightly different... the L using F250 calipers while the HD uses F150 calipers.

So, if you just want a moderate improvement...
You can get rotors from Stan (Ruslow) or Rotorpros.  I personally like Stan's rotors better since he
uses thicker ones.  I'd suggest slotted and dimpled but not cross drilled for a daily driver.

As far as pads, I would suggest Hawk, but it is kind of a toss up between them and the Performance Friction pads.

If you want to go a little better...
For the ~$1600 range you could go to TCE and get a Wilwood front brake setup.  The 4 piston calipers
and big beefy rotors are impressive and are good for stopping these heavy trucks down from speed.

·
Banned
749 Posts
[smilie=eek4.gif] :shock: [smilie=ughug.gif]STAY AWAY FROM ROTORPROS!!!!! I HAVE THEM ON MY LIGHTNING RIGHT NOW. THEY ARE HORRIBLE STOPPING SUCKS COMPARED TO STOCK, AND TOP IT ALL OFF WHERE THE ROTORS ARE DRILLED THEY ARE CRACKING BAD!! NOT SAFE!!! DO LIKE SOME OF THE OTHER GUYS AND MYSELF WILL BE DOING SOON. GO WITH A QUALITY BIG BRAKE UPGRADE SUCH AS THE MOST AFFORDABLE THE TCE WILWOOD SETUP OR THE SSBC SET UP. BOTH I HEAR ARE GREAT AND THE QUALITY IS A-1.. I HOPE THIS WILL HELP YOUR FRIENDS DECISION AND ANYONE ELSE LOOKING FOR A BRAKE UPGRADE. [smilie=fingersx.gif]

·
Registered
427 Posts
I am running the Rotorpros and love them. No problems at all [smilie=fingersx.gif]

I also use Hawk HPS pads. Seems like a great combination for me.

SOrry that you seem to be having problems with yours Hostile :sad:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts