Lightning Rodder banner

Borescope Pics of Cylinder Walls (Tell Me What You Think)

351 Views 6 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  melman
Good afternoon, since my built motor has been sitting up for years I decided to run a borescope down and check out the cylinder walls.

All looked good until I got to this one. Take a look at the pictures and tell me what you think.

This motor has stainless rings and I think it will shine the cylinders right up once it starts however, I would appreciate your opinions.
Automotive tire Tire Grey Tread Rim
Water Automotive tire Grey Cloud Asphalt

Thanks!!!
See less See more
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
I should have asked the question I was trying to avoid. Does this look like something that needs to be addressed before I install it in my truck?

Thanks.
I say use fog spray, prime that oiling system and run it!
Reactions: 2
I agree with the above. I was going to say, yesterday, put some oil down each spark plug hole, put the plugs in and fire that baby up!
Reactions: 1
I say use fog spray, prime that oiling system and run it!
I agree with the above. I was going to say, yesterday, put some oil down each spark plug hole, put the plugs in and fire that baby up!
Thank you, gentlemen. This is what I wanted to hear. Now with my OCD, I need to fully convince myself. (-:
Reactions: 1
Fogging oil before starting. I would not do more. I figure whenever they sit long periods they don't look pristine. One more opinion that hopefully relieves some stress.

On break in, lots of acceleration/deceleration cycles to seat the SS rings.

Jim
Reactions: 2
Fogging oil before starting. I would not do more. I figure whenever they sit long periods they don't look pristine. One more opinion that hopefully relieves some stress.

On break in, lots of acceleration/deceleration cycles to seat the SS rings.

Jim
Thanks Jim,
This was the first thing on my mind when I opened my eyes this morning. Starting to feel a little stress relief now. (-:
1 - 7 of 7 Posts