Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Master Certified Ford Parts Man
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i was running 12 psi, this pig was quick. i recently dropped down to 10, and the truck seems like a dog. seems to run on more engine than blower. i know the tune is for 12 psi, but i assume that wouldn't mess with things too much. my only guess is that when the tech put the boost actuator on the blower, it was put on too high or too low. any other thoughts? i have a dyno tune on 8/20, and i'm sure paul will have some idea, just planning ahead.

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,668 Posts
Follow the "how to" and make sure it's adjusted correctly

·
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
does that sound like it's the issue though? or maybe clogged rear cats..... fronts are already gone due to clogging.

·
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
had to remove the actuator from the ported blower to the non-ported blower. tech did it quick....not sure if it's right. as far is being pig rich, i would believe it.

·
Even Then I Was Old Skool!
10,411 Posts
Jon... Do you have a A/F gauge? As Paul will tell you, that gauge is the key to many mysteries. He'll throw an exterior one on when he tunes but it's something you should have if you get into boost at all and don't want problems.

Mike

·
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mike, no a/f gauge, just a bost gauge.

·
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
does running rich kill power? i plan on running f/i cleaner this week before i head down just for giggles.

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,668 Posts
yup, running rich will kill power, plugs and cats...

·
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok. cool. i'm not getting any rich codes, so that's good. i'm sure paul be work his magic saturday. :)

fyi, front cats already removed.

·
Even Then I Was Old Skool!
10,411 Posts
You really should consider getting a A/F gauge Jon. Far more important than a boost gauge IMHO, although I wouldn't get rid of it... just supplement... add an A/F unit. He's tuning you Saturday? Mmmmmm... might stop by then if I have some time. Always something to be learned watching a tuning session there, whether its a old school hot rod, a pro mod, or one of our weird trucks LOL!

Mike

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
Do yourself a favor and get a wideband, AEM's are nice gauges and don't cost a fortune, and can save you an engine...Like said before the actuator is adjustable, is should just lay down on the stop when the engine isn't running.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.