Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a 03 04 Cobra boost guage overlay that is made by Livermois Motorsports called the Hilton boost overlay. You have to trim the plastic stop on the needle but this overlay will let you measure boost up to 16lbs. Will this work on Lightnings? Its only a $30 part and I like the stealth look.

·
Registered
186 Posts
not sure if it'll work, but i'd rather have one from autometer. plus anyone that knows anything about cars and trucks, know that a lightning is supercharged anyway.
-chiz

·
Administrator
18,554 Posts
There is a version of this overlay made specifically for the L. They are made by Hilton. It will read a higher boost level, but no more accurate than the stock gage.
Jim

·
El duderino
13,077 Posts
it is a good idea, but yea, i have heard the stock gauge is pretty inaccurate.

plus it is fun when people ask me how much boost i am running at, and i reply,"i don't know the needle goes into the black on the factory boost gauge." :LOL

·
Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
5,887 Posts

·
Project Dirty Dog
6,747 Posts
That looks Bad Ass

·
Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
5,887 Posts
Thank's

·
Administrator
18,554 Posts
That does look good!
I have already installed an Autometer Phantom boost gage, but am about to make it obsolete by going to an 8# lower. I make 19# of boost currently and the gage only shows to 20#. Time for a new gage.
Jim

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
You my friend need a 30 lb'r

·
Registered
426 Posts
Thunder Bolt Thanks for the post! Mine currently looks just like Robs. But I'm putting something different in it's place. So this overlay will work perfect for me.

Rich

·
Registered
426 Posts
I did the hilton boost overlay this weekend. [smilie=dancingcool.gif]

Was pretty easy all in all. Freed up my colum pod for something else. ;)

btw: During my calibration of the stock guage I found the stocker to be more inaccurate at the zero area. The higher the boost the more accurate it is IMO. At least for me I feel it's a non issue and am perfectly happy with it.

Rich

·
Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
5,887 Posts
wydopnthrtl said:
I did the hilton boost overlay this weekend.   [smilie=dancingcool.gif]

Was pretty easy all in all.  Freed up my colum pod for something else. ;)

btw: During my calibration of the stock guage I found the stocker to be more inaccurate at the zero area.  The higher the boost the more accurate it is IMO.  At least for me I feel it's a non issue and am perfectly happy with it.

Rich
Thats why I did it to free up space

·
Registered
21 Posts
Rob_02Lightning said:
You my friend need a 30 lb'r
rob, where did you get the column pod and the boost gauge at? I like 'em both and would like to get them for my truck. I've got a column pod but it's ghetto one from auto meter, also my boost meter only goes up to 20 also. might have to get the neat-o ford one. does that one have green backlighting?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts