Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it appears that these motors do not like to be pushed over 3K with random blast to 6k for over 7.5 miles. Oooops! I did how ever pat that ass on the Camaro next to me...

With that being said, I have been looking around at prices and it looks like around 8 grand to put together something solid. Whats the price to go back stock? Just want to know what the differance is to justify the higher dollar. If its a significant amount I will put the truck back together as just a driver seeing how I actually do have another car that is "fast".

·
11 Second Club
15,087 Posts
So you blew it in the summer? I bet you went in to o/d

·
11 Second Club
15,087 Posts
Damm that sucks..... What mods and who tuned it

·
Registered
6,328 Posts

·
tuned by JJ @ WMS
8,864 Posts
for starters a built short block from MHP port stock heads with upgraded springs and valves etc..., stock eaton for now and have some fun, or upgrade it to a whipple and go crazy

·
Ford Certified Technician
5,194 Posts
dude is it justified.... uh yeah.... 800hp of unbridaled farm truck that can walk all over z06s, r8s, and basicly scare small children, eat puppies with the flick of the throttle,and impregnate unsuspecting women as you drive by.

Duh!

Reactions: lightninquick

·
R.I.P #3005
3,733 Posts
dude is it justified.... uh yeah.... 800hp of unbridaled farm truck that can walk all over z06s, r8s, and basicly scare small children, eat puppies with the flick of the throttle,and impregnate unsuspecting women as you drive by.

Duh!
:laughing25

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
$8k is pretty close after you add all the small stuff up. You can generally find stock longblocks for $2500ish, but you'll always baby it because you know the rods are weak. If the heads aren't damaged and you just want a DD, I'd put a Manny (mhpengines) shortblock in it.
FWIW, I went the "performance" route and bought CNC ported heads, cams, all the supporting stuff. I put 150 miles on the new engine, seemed to have the tune sorted out, & the first time I let it shift at WOT put me in waiting line for a new tranny. That's not always the case, but definitely a possibility.
On the other hand, there are guys in the 11s on stock blocks and in the 10s on stock transmissions, so I guess some of it's luck and/or conservative driving on the street (or someone will say its all in the tune). :smt102

·
Registered
173 Posts
$8k is pretty close after you add all the small stuff up. You can generally find stock longblocks for $2500ish, but you'll always baby it because you know the rods are weak. If the heads aren't damaged and you just want a DD, I'd put a Manny (mhpengines) shortblock in it.
FWIW, I went the "performance" route and bought CNC ported heads, cams, all the supporting stuff. I put 150 miles on the new engine, seemed to have the tune sorted out, & the first time I let it shift at WOT put me in waiting line for a new tranny. That's not always the case, but definitely a possibility.
On the other hand, there are guys in the 11s on stock blocks and in the 10s on stock transmissions, so I guess some of it's luck and/or conservative driving on the street (or someone will say its all in the tune). :smt102
I have a feeling my stock trans is going to do the same thing to me :smt100

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,668 Posts
at least get a used long block and do a rod swap...

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
I would put the built motor in. Why go through all that trouble and put a new stock block back in. You don't have to do all the goodies right away but at least as you start to add more power you will always be protected. JLP has some pretty good deals on short blocks.

All I can say is once you start going big power, be ready to spend some coin on all the supporting upgrades (Trans, rear, driveshaft, heads, cooling, suspension, gauges, etc..) It gets crazy. Good luck :smt023

·
Hit the Pace Car!
2,610 Posts
for starters a built short block from MHP port stock heads with upgraded springs and valves etc..., stock eaton for now and have some fun, or upgrade it to a whipple and go crazy
yup, thats what I did and Im very happy...but stil wanting that whipple. Good thing Manny is now a Whipple dealer too

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.