Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked through a TON of threads and cannot find what I am looking for. Will be getting an 03 L with 20K in 2 weeks. The truck will be a DD here in FL and I want to add a pulley, MAF, and a hand held to tune. I am also 10 minutes from Lamotta if I need a dyno tune.

What are the best of each and where can I get them? Can the engine and trans handle a 6lb and supporting mods reliable for a DD?

4# or 6# pulley and from where?
A MAF and programmer?

Thanks!

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,677 Posts
use the classifieds

8# or 6# lower
valve body or line accumulator mod
CAI
tune
traction bars
oil seperator
ported eaton / plenum / TB

lots and lots of enjoyment from that combo

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
man you guys are quick. So the SCT maf and tuner have to go together. What about if I were to use a Diablo Sport? Is there another one.

I plan on deleting EGR and pcv right when I get the truck. Unless it's better to just have a oil sep

·
Registered
5,570 Posts
Doesnt have to go together thats just for safety when you up the boost, diablo works perfectly fine also thats just yours and your tuners prefrenace

I deleted my egr cuz it was no good anymore as for pcv I cant answer that cuz idk much about it

·
Florida>Texas
10,629 Posts
4lb lower and SCT or Diablo, dont really need a new MAF until you go 6lb or higher. Need new plugs when you add more boost. NGK TR6 work well, gapped I believe .32-.34, porting the blower will make some more power as well and its a good mod to do.
I deleted my pcv cuz I was tired of cleaning the intercooler and draining the seperator. EGR delete is mainly for access to other areas and looks, make sure its turned off in your tune. Not sure what mods are already on the truck but throw intake, exhaust, and a punisher VB and the truck will really wake up. Lamotta does good work, Im headed there on tuesday

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
4lb lower and SCT or Diablo, dont really need a new MAF until you go 6lb or higher. Need new plugs when you add more boost. NGK TR6 work well, gapped I believe .32-.34, porting the blower will make some more power as well and its a good mod to do.
I deleted my pcv cuz I was tired of cleaning the intercooler and draining the seperator. EGR delete is mainly for access to other areas and looks, make sure its turned off in your tune. Not sure what mods are already on the truck but throw intake, exhaust, and a punisher VB and the truck will really wake up. Lamotta does good work, Im headed there on tuesday
Thanks guys. The truck comes with an intake but not sure what. Looks like I am going to do a 6lb lower, MAF and a Diablo Sport once I get the truck. And plugs of course.

·
Fat Bastad
2,756 Posts
Keep in mind that you can also go with a Diablo MAFia and keep your stock MAF in place. Might save you a few bucks especially if you can get a good deal on one.

Roach

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
In Florida here. Running a 6lb lower, Big O throttle body, C&L plenum, long tube headers, high flow cats, CAI, and a maggy cat back, Punisher comp VB, DS MAFia, DS Preditor tuner, and a MHP 2400 RPM stall (but hasn't made it in the truck yet). Anytime I'm not working she gets driven all around.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts