Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Slower than Jim
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered my Bogarts this week, got a 15 x 11, 6.5 bs and the 5.5 fronts. And since Jim has the faster DSG, I got the backs with an anodized black beadlock. If I cannot beat him maybe I will have the outside appearance edge. That being said, Jim cannot show with a carbin fiber cowl hood or anything like that. Or better yet if you can aquire one, get 2 I want one...Also ordere the 30x10.5 hoosier raadial slick(C06) and the moroso 29 inch fronts....I feel as I need to be punished or something for spending this kind of money. I paid 1/3 of this for my first car...

·
Administrator
18,594 Posts
Ordered my Bogarts this week, got a 15 x 11, 6.5 bs and the 5.5 fronts. And since Jim has the faster DSG, I got the backs with an anodized black beadlock. If I cannot beat him maybe I will have the outside appearance edge. That being said, Jim cannot show with a carbin fiber cowl hood or anything like that. Or better yet if you can aquire one, get 2 I want one...Also ordere the 30x10.5 hoosier raadial slick(C06) and the moroso 29 inch fronts....I feel as I need to be punished or something for spending this kind of money. I paid 1/3 of this for my first car...
That purchase is a great start towards closing the performance gap! And it is only money. The nice thing about money is that tomorrow we can make more.:smt042

Jim

·
Mr. Crossfire
16,162 Posts

·
Slower than Jim
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's your fault, Chris. Ever since you described spdracr0's truck as "looks just like Jim's, but slower", he has the need to change that!:laughing25
Still doesnt mean I wont be asking for advice and pointers...The truck should have the parts to make the power now it is just time to see if it really will and put it to the ground..

·
Slower than Jim
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would be a lot easier to change the way it looks...:potstirring
That is just wrong.. But I did laugh..

·
Slower than Jim
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
And forgot to mention, rollpan is on the way, got one from ICT. It seemed to be the best looking one yet. I would really like a carbon fiber cowl hood to keep the underhood temps down. The 2.6H means 2.6 heater!!!

·
Administrator
18,594 Posts
The ICT rollpan is a copy of the Lund. I have the original Lund on mine. Simple and real light! I can't believe Lund stopped selling them. Lucky ICT and Crazy4Ink have popped molds off the originals.

If the CF cowl ever becomes available, and if the weight is right, I would like one as well. Help reduce underhood temps. Give some aero help as well. But MUST not weigh more than stock or it is a deal breaker for me.

Jim

·
11 Second Club
15,087 Posts
Good Purchase! Ican't wait to I own a setof 15" Bogarts. 16"s will do for now

It's your fault, Chris. Ever since you described spdracr0's truck as "looks just like Jim's, but slower", he has the need to change that!:laughing25
:laughing25 Damn lol...

·
street truck
6,534 Posts
Still doesnt mean I wont be asking for advice and pointers...The truck should have the parts to make the power now it is just time to see if it really will and put it to the ground..
Making power is for sure the easier part. Getting it all to the ground comes the challenge. Going after Jim might be setting your goals a bit high, especially with his bottle. But good luck to you guys, sounds like lots of fun. Can't wait to get my truck on a track again. Those Bogarts should be good for a couple tenths alone.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.