Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, some of you have read on the other Lightning boards,

The weather dropped for about 2 days and went out cruising around with a buddy of mine, I was going up a hill, half throttle, the truck down shifted from 3rd to 2nd and BOOOOOOOOM. Oil everywhere.

I dont know what im going to do, just buying another new house and am waiting to see how much my income taxes are going to be.

I would like to get a nice built long block, but 9k is pretty expensive.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fuel was 1 day old, 93 octane.....Timing was set for 16 and I should of pulled some out.

Thanks all for the remarks, and yes, cant wait to put a new motor in it, break it in, and rip some chit up

·
Registered
118 Posts
silverbolt01 said:
Fuel was 1 day old, 93 octane.....Timing was set for 16 and I should of pulled some out.

Thanks all for the remarks, and yes, cant wait to put a new motor in it, break it in, and rip some chit up
I don't know that this will allow you to rip sh!t up, but Avalanche is probably going to sell his stock motor so he can put the built one in he just bought from me. Maybe it would be a short term inexpensive solution. His motor was running strong the last time I rode with him. Anyway...just a heads up. Sorry to hear about the blown motor...somehow I have been lucky....I put a stock motor in the elevens and put my second motor in the low 11's without getting stung.....lets hope I have the same luck with my new motor.

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
silverbolt01 said:

The weather dropped for about 2 days and went out cruising around with a buddy of mine, I was going up a hill, half throttle, the truck down shifted from 3rd to 2nd and BOOOOOOOOM.  Oil everywhere.

I dont know what im going to do, just buying another new house and am waiting to see how much my income taxes are going to be.

WOW I didn't hear,  :smt010 :smt103

BTW (what other Boards ??? hehehehehe)

So sorry Bro, that really sucks, :smt010
As L Rocks said, I also consider myself VERY LUCKY. Two years of 12.0's and 11's,
I've juiced on 22 degree nights, stayed balls out WOT for prolonged periods of time,
and somehow got away with it all. (I think flooding my motor with fuel is what saved me)

Shop around, and Best of Luck, so sorry.....................

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks everyone......

Im just waited to see how much im getting back in taxes, then I will go from there.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Yea silver if we could work out a deal I will let you have my stock block. It is in perfect condition and it has 76K on it. I was going to pull it out and rebuild it so I had a backup but if I can help a fellow L Brother out let me know.

·
Registered
734 Posts
silverbolt01 said:

The weather dropped for about 2 days and went out cruising around with a buddy of mine, I was going up a hill, half throttle, the truck down shifted from 3rd to 2nd and BOOOOOOOOM.  Oil everywhere.

Where are you located? I live in Michigan 48722 zip code. I have a block thats .30" over and has on cyl. that needs a tho or two more taken off of it. If your just looking to get your truck runing I'll give it to you if you come get it or pay for shipping? In my opinion it won't be good to make a built motor out of, but will be good for 100K on daily driving.

Suavy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.