Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm on my lunchbreak last Thursday when my truck shifts from 2 to 3, for some reason it immediately starts running really rough.....

I limp it over to a friends house that evening; Upon pulling the supercharger, and plenum, and removing the spark plugs, and with his borescope, it revealed to us that on the back cylinder on the passenger side head (cylinder #?) showed that the ring land on that piston came off, and came up and completely shoved the strap from that spark plug, into the electrode. Compression test is showing 160-170 on all of the other cylinders, minus the back two on the passenger side head, which were showing 125ish....

So I guess I'm looking at pulling this longblock out in the next month or so, pulling it down, and seeing what kind of parts I need to get. I was anticipating this anyways, but not this soon:(

Any suggestions on rotating assembly parts???

·
11 Second Club
15,087 Posts
Sucks dude. Flaco on the classifeds is selling a complete set of rings pistons and rods

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
Welcome to the club man!

Now start building her up like a real Lightning engine. Stock is soooo 2000-ish. all the cool kids are going built. :D

·
Fat Bastad
2,756 Posts
....Any suggestions on rotating assembly parts???
Forged rods and forged .020 oversized pistons, have block bored .020 over at a good machine shop. Manley is what most guys go with though other brands offer quality parts as well. Manley makes some of their pistons with a higher silicone content which helps to reduce piston slap but they're not as strong as the lower silicone content. Either way make sure to order coated pistons.

Roach

Roach

·
tuned by JJ @ WMS
8,864 Posts
^^^werd, most guys use manley, i guess thats a goos thing lol

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Forged rods and forged .020 oversized pistons, have block bored .020 over at a good machine shop. Manley is what most guys go with though other brands offer quality parts as well. Manley makes some of their pistons with a higher silicone content which helps to reduce piston slap but they're not as strong as the lower silicone content. Either way make sure to order coated pistons.

Roach

Roach
Where would be a good place to start looking for those parts though? Like what vendor, or website???

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
LMAO can I haz one of those patchez???
LOL I may do another batch of stickers. Sold 100 of them when I first made them. I should probably wait until winter. That's when these things fly off the shelf as fast as the stock rods fly out of the block :D

·
Registered
107 Posts
Originally Posted by BlackLX93
Where would be a good place to start looking for those parts though? Like what vendor, or website???
http://www.modularmustangracing.com/

They have a nice warranty and a good rep.. they're all over SVTP and Corral and numerous other modular ford forums.. all they do is short blocks and longblocks 4.6 5.4 2v 3v 4v 5.0 4v

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.