Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the blower out replacing with another and was wondering while I have it out what can I remove to clean up the engine bay without causing any problems? i.e. vacuum lines from emision sensors, sensors them selfs, egr delete? Also the easiest way for an oil seperator. thx in advance.
ken

·
Florida>Texas
10,629 Posts
egr and pcv delete..and clean the intercooler while the blower is off

·
Registered
17,565 Posts
you can remove all the EGR stufff but unless you have a custom tune that turns them off...yoiu will toss codes and SES light

·
Bad Mother F'R
2,732 Posts
EGR Delete, PCV Delete, Ziptie Heater Hoses Back UNDER the firewall, delete the two hard I/C lines on the side of S/C, rerun boost vac lines.... there is ALOT you can do in there to clean it up....

·
Bad Mother F'R
2,732 Posts
Forgive the nastiness... Had surgery a couple weeks ago, its been raining and the truck hasnt been cleaned.... BUT, even through the dirt, you can get the picture. Still got some work to do, but Ive gotten rid of ALOT....

Attachments

·
Bad Mother F'R
2,732 Posts
Thanks man!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If I go ahead and pull out the egr other than a check engine light and trippin a code or two will drivabilty suffer. Also with the pcv delete do I need to plug the hole under the intercooler?

·
Bad Mother F'R
2,732 Posts
Shouldnt suffer drivability, and as for the hole in the lower intake, the elbo that comes off and up to the passanger side can just be plugged with a vacuum cap. Thats what I did on mine. Then just shove it back behind the engine and ziptie it secure.

·
Premium Member
8,947 Posts
reroute the wiring to somewhere else in the cab

piece of cake

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.