Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been talking to Racing Brake about their kits and they are willing to put together a kit similar to the posted link below for about $1500. From what I gather, they are also willing to put together a Drag Racing kit with a 12" rotor (300 mm) to compete against the Aerospace brake kit.

• 2 Two-piece center-mount rotors - 330 mm - 13"
  • 2 4-Piston calipers (RB4045)
  • 2 Aluminum adapters made of 7075-T6 Alloy (stronger and stiffer than 6061-T6)
  • 1 Set of RB ET300 brake pads (PD647-33)
Questions?

Any interest?

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We did talk about the front and rear. Their email does state $1500 per axle. Probably need to get a list going for who wants a front kit and who wants a rear kit.

·
AntiSocial
660 Posts
If it was last year before I changed my brakes, I’d have been all over this. 😞

·
Registered
2,124 Posts

·
AntiSocial
660 Posts

·
11 second street truck
10,041 Posts
Those are a grand more expensive. Not even comparable. $1500 I could possibly justify. $2500+? No chance in hell.
2" smaller rotors... 4 piston vs 6 piston...
Stainless lines included

You can get a 14"/6 pot kit for 1900...

I'll pass on a 13" kit

Fwiw 14" fits in stock wheels

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have 17" wheels so I'm looking for something that will fit within those wheels. Also, it was discussed to provide a kit that was better than the Aerospace kit for guys wanting a Drag Kit.

Any interest in a Drag Racing kit like the Aerospace kit?

I really need to know what people are looking for. Drag Racing kit, Road Racing, something to fit within a certain wheel....etc.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Where do I find the specifications on the rotor size front and back for a Lightning and a Harley Davidson? I do know our front rotors are 12.1" for front and 13" for back but I want some Ford spec sheet providing that information.

·
11 second street truck
10,041 Posts
Where do I find the specifications on the rotor size front and back for a Lightning and a Harley Davidson? I do know our front rotors are 12.1" for front and 13" for back but I want some Ford spec sheet providing that information.
Why do you need a spec sheet? Look up the part specs on a parts website.

Almost every Ford piece of documentation says it though.

Straight from the sales brochure for 2002

·
11 second street truck
10,041 Posts
Interesting. Why would the brakes be bigger out back?
Parking brake in the rotor. Actual swept area for the pad(which is what matters) is much less

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Why do you need a spec sheet? Look up the part specs on a parts website.

Almost every Ford piece of documentation says it though.

Straight from the sales brochure for 2002
The guy from the company wants to know. What you shown doesn't list it but do you know the thickness of the front and rear rotors? He's wants that information also.

He believes it is this but wants to confirm:
Front: 308x26mm vented rotor

Rear: 334x14mm vented rotor

·
11 second street truck
10,041 Posts
The Napa replacement rotors are 30.22mm

1 - 20 of 28 Posts