Lightning Rodder banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,563 Posts
I have a ton of proof. I was asked to take it down. I also have proof from other vendors as well as from manufacturers that refuse to deal with them.

As for my issues, this comes from someone who's wife attacks people with no evidence....
Back on ignore now.
after you sent her dick pics? fair enough...

·
10 second street truck
11,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
As far as modadmin wanting mods to act a certain way, I'd imagine notifying the community of a vendor, who is not a site supporter, that they are conducting shady business practices is exactly how they'd want me to act.

If they disagree they're welcome to find a new classifieds mod.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I have been waiting for a watson racing harness bar paid August 24 nothing has been shipped and I have to message them for status update.

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,563 Posts
I never sent your wife a fucking thing you lying cock sucker.
oh really? LoL

you have no business calling anyone out as shady and sleazy as you are...

·
Administrator
18,522 Posts
I can not speak for ModAdmin. But as an Admin and Super Moderator I do think it is ok to post what has been put up to date. As long as it is a situation the OP has direct knowledge of. I also invited BG Racing (Brad and Nina) to respond if this is a misrepresentation. Here at Lightninrodder, as Rob conceived it way back before Autoguide, it was a place to speak openly. There are enough stories to get this situation out in the open. Without hearing the other side it will be hard to tell if any of the difficulties were justified by outside forces. Or if they are issues with BG Racing practices. I hope they reply if they want to preserve their name.

Jim

·
Registered
969 Posts
Id say its a little to late to save themselves on this forum regardless of what they have to say.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Sharing my experience here with them. My builder ordered a 2.9 whipple from them for my truck. Last year mid May, I dished out $4000 out of my pocket and promised 3-4 weeks. I didn’t end up getting it until Mid November, delaying my build about 6 months. I kept getting the run around “they haven’t shipped it” “they’re screwing us by sending other shops bigger orders first”. Then it was supposed to be drop shipped to my builder but it “got shipped by whipple to them by accident”. Bunch of bullshit. Followed by “my employee shipped it to the wrong address” “the guy that received isn’t returning our calls and is trying to keep it”. And finally after threatening them with a refund and posting all the bullshit they were saying publicly they “bought it out of pocket”.

If I would of paid an extra $300 JJ would of had it drop shipped within a month. That was my first and last time purchasing from BG.

·
regular joe
1,493 Posts
I can not speak for ModAdmin. But as an Admin and Super Moderator I do think it is ok to post what has been put up to date. As long as it is a situation the OP has direct knowledge of. I also invited BG Racing (Brad and Nina) to respond if this is a misrepresentation. Here at Lightninrodder, as Rob conceived it way back before Autoguide, it was a place to speak openly. There are enough stories to get this situation out in the open. Without hearing the other side it will be hard to tell if any of the difficulties were justified by outside forces. Or if they are issues with BG Racing practices. I hope they reply if they want to preserve their name.

Jim
Exactly. This is why everyone flocked over from nloc.net. look where that is now.

Reactions: 10secL

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey what’s up fella’s, I’ve actually did some business with Brad back in July I believe when I first bought my truck. I told him my intentions he said this is the better route I spent like $750 on parts. But he was cool I got all my parts in 1 week, he explained to me dont over do the build keep it simple and the truck will run good. It really sucks to hear that they was a shady company.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Id say its a little to late to save themselves on this forum regardless of what they have to say.
And the fact that they haven't bothered to say word one, when it's readily apparent they've been made aware of what's being said, leads me to believe they've got no way to defend themselves and their business 'practices' as their little venture is circling the bowl of the toilet it's in.

Can't say I'm real broken-up...or surprised.

·
Registered
138 Posts
usually being a site moderator isn't challenging
most of the effort goes into helping peps find , move or delete thing

every now and again you have to deal with troublesome members , scammers or spammers .. it's a pretty easy thing..

I'll add there an entire "staff section" in the forums that non staff members can't see
in that section a lot of things get discussed

like one thread on a site I mod for .. we had a member.. intelligent , knew his stuff and was a LONG tome member in good standing
eventually he started his own little side business catering to our hobby

all was good & well..for awhile

this is where being a mod starts getting difficult

in discussions with other members we heard about some not so sweet things and going ons.. things & deals that occurred off site

all the while this member started using the site to promote his little business

we let him slide on the "paying vendor" ting for a while ..
but , eventually he got to the point where we had to start asking him to consider it..
he had by this time of course his own free page on flopbook pushing his wares so he was simply milking the hobby site too push his stuff

one of the other mods had partnered with him for a time ..that is until he started reviving failed rebuilt transmissions he'd never seen before from people he never heard of ... because this asshat had sold them the trans claiming the other guy had built it..

there were other instances that got discussed by the staff but things ALL happened off site
and he still refused to become a "real" site vendor

then one day , opportunity knocked
he posted some crap for sale and included his "company artwork"..for the first time
he had been a non official vendor at this time for a couple of years

so I simply ended the situation by banning him for commercial post..
non vendor

I took some heat for it , sure ..but sometimes you have to act on your conscious
I could not continue to allow this individual access to future victims by continued use of the site
that was the day being mod sucked
...the six hours I invested removing every thread he ever posted in the parts for sale section..

I'll finish with .. sometimes even the nicest most sincere people can get ,.. slippery when the gears of their best laid plans get , .. sand in them

that's the point you have to say , politely , thank you , but no more

·
Registered
8,320 Posts
And the fact that they haven't bothered to say word one, when it's readily apparent they've been made aware of what's being said, leads me to believe they've got no way to defend themselves and their business 'practices' as their little venture is circling the bowl of the toilet it's in.

Can't say I'm real broken-up...or surprised.
Reminds me of when I contacted them after recieving copies of DM's which showed their internet rep/salesperson telling my customers that I was just going to take their money and run to which they did not reply. I basically said "just wanted you to know what your rep is saying and how unprofessional it is" and they never replied.

However if they have something to say about the latest accusations and stories I'd love to hear it.

JJ

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Reminds me of when I contacted them after recieving copies of DM's which showed their internet rep/salesperson telling my customers that I was just going to take their money and run to which they did not reply. I basically said "just wanted you to know what your rep is saying and how unprofessional it is" and they never replied.

However if they have something to say about the latest accusations and stories I'd love to hear it.

JJ
You my friend have had more than your fair share of purported vendor issues over the years across multiple forums. IMHO I dont think its fair or wise to stir the pot.

Its sad to hear when a previously long time vendor is no longer up to snuff. No one is infallible and sometimes people change. I hope those involved are righted or get refunds. Maybe BG will polish their skills, swallow their pride and improve maybe they wont.
But on a few occasions they had done me well.
Bummed to hear them having issues.

Edit:
Lets spin the way back machine to DMR days, everyone loved that dude and he made some nice parts for years! then he went up and burned a bunch of people. Took money and ran. As like most times, the people who had good experiences held on forever that he would right things and it never came.
just me .02

Reactions: alseth

·
Registered
8,320 Posts
You my friend have had more than your fair share of purported vendor issues over the years across multiple forums. IMHO I dont think its fair or wise to stir the pot.
Every vendor has had some issues over the years, however none of the issues surrounding WMS invovled taking someones money and not delivering a product or customers having to threaten legal action to get refunds.

I appreciate your concern but I will speak my mind about issues that involve my customers being treated poorly by other vendors, especially against this particular vendor that spent so much time and energy into trying to discredit me and my business over the years, even going so far as to participate and encourage a certain "event" at Atlanta dragway that crossed way over the line of anything having to do with business.

JJ

·
regular joe
1,493 Posts

Its sad to hear when a previously long time vendor is no longer up to snuff. No one is infallible and sometimes people change. I hope those involved are righted or get refunds. Maybe BG will polish their skills, swallow their pride and improve maybe they wont.
But on a few occasions they had done me well.
Bummed to hear them having issues.

Edit:
Lets spin the way back machine to DMR days, everyone loved that dude and he made some nice parts for years! then he went up and burned a bunch of people. Took money and ran. As like most times, the people who had good experiences held on forever that he would right things and it never came.
just me .02
I knew Garrett personally. He was nice, until he was a complete dick and started bashing me for free parts/labor i gave him. 20 hours of powdercoating labor free and he bitched because the coating wore off one of his cog teeth. Never knew he took money and ran.

·
Aka 2003_lightning
12,190 Posts
I love how jj try’s to come in here running his mouth. He and his buisness is just as garbage as bg

41 - 60 of 69 Posts