Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
10 second street truck
11,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know we have some fanboys for Brad and Nina.

I have seen via text and conversations way to much bullshit from them.
Using peoples money to float the business without ordering parts.
Not refunding money when requested.
Orders not being placed with proof by contacting the business that produces the parts.

Just take this as advice, buy your shit elsewhere and fuck them.

I am not providing proof because it's not my proof to post.
If the parties involved want to post it, they will. Ml

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
1) dont we have a vender feedback section for this?
2) if you dont/cant provide proof then its just banter.
(Not sayin ur lieing, but anybody can say anything nowadays. Actual proof backs it up. Just sayin)

Reactions: cbxer55

·
Administrator
18,552 Posts
BG Racing is not a vendor on this site. So I guess this is as good a spot as any for airing it out.

I know Brad and Nina and enjoyed their company on a few occasions. It surprises me to hear these rumblings. I admit, we have been hearing "stuff" for while. Just no hard facts. And lots "may" be attributed to the last year dealing with covid issues. My parts have been delayed beyond what should be expected for numerous customers.

We invite BG Racing to reply if they want to. I also am in favor of anyone who had a real issue, and wants to let their brothers know about it, to do so here as well.

Jim

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
What kind of proof do you need...I've got my paid invoice for a polished Whipple 2.9 from 'Black Friday' back on November 21, 2018. Numerous calls to BG, always spoke to Nina who was nice but gave the same story every time, resulted in, "You should have it in about 4 weeks..."

Called Whipple directly to see what the issue was and, amazingly enough, not only was there not an order under my name but Whipple told me they didn't deal with BG directly.

Blower drop shipped, under 'Beefcake Racing', in September of 2019. I still have the invoice and the box from Whipple with the shipping tags on it if someone feels they need actual proof.

I know I'm not the only one who waited forever for a Whipple from BG when JJ was getting them out in two weeks and I also know someone who ordered a new set of Dark Stars and was basically sent a set of previously mounted take-offs.

I know I'll never spend another dime with them and if someone else chooses to that's fine but I'd be very wary but don't be surprised when they 'sit' on your cash. I know my original $4,300 didn't go towards a blower when I ordered it and the invoice I have even shows it was 're-ordered' on July 12, 2019 when I wanted the 'Gen 4' upgrade since I had been waiting forever and obviously couldn't file a PayPal claim.

Find it ironic that they had to 're-order' something that was obviously never ordered in the first place.

·
10 second street truck
11,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
1) dont we have a vender feedback section for this?
2) if you dont/cant provide proof then its just banter.
(Not sayin ur lieing, but anybody can say anything nowadays. Actual proof backs it up. Just sayin)
1) they're not a vendor

2) You can take it as banter, or you can trust that as an established member of lightning community and a mod here it's not banter.

·
Administrator
18,552 Posts
Struck, I will say it is not unusual to order parts from a distributor rather than the manufacturer. I order appliance parts from multi line distributors much more often than from a manufacturer directly. So that part does not bother me. I do wonder where it was all the time since delivered to Beefcake Racing, though. Did you ever get an explanation?

Jim

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Struck, I will say it is not unusual to order parts from a distributor rather than the manufacturer. I order appliance parts from multi line distributors much more often than from a manufacturer directly. So that part does not bother me. I do wonder where it was all the time since delivered to Beefcake Racing, though. Did you ever get an explanation?

Jim
Not a lot of COVID issues back in late-'18 through late-'19.

I understand the drop-shipping and ordering through another vendor but this was never disclosed by BG until 9 months into the discussion of, "Where's my blower?" And then the blame was placed on, and I quote, "the vendor they ordered through," and they never did tell me it was 'Beefcake Racing'. I even asked directly and they wouldn't tell me and someone suggested it might be 'Lethal Performance' so I called them and was told they weren't ordering blowers for BG. Whipple wouldn't tell me either and I wouldn't expect them to as it's not their issue.

I've attached an edited invoice that shows original payment in full of $4,300 on Nov. 21, 2018 and then another $300 for the Gen 4 upgrade on July 19, 2019. So both times they took my money and I didn't see it for another 2 months. Once I got the blower I didn't bother looking into when it was ordered or why it took 2 months from the time it was 're-ordered' to the time it showed-up on my doorstep.

I got it, I considered myself lucky and choose not to ever do business with them again. I don't know what they have going on or what they're doing with people's money in the interim but I do know they've got some money tied-up in race cars, a hauler and they somehow manage to show up at quite a few events. I'll let others make their own inferences...

As far as I'm concerned they've got some crap business practices and communication.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
1) they're not a vendor

2) You can take it as banter, or you can trust that as an established member of lightning community and a mod here it's not banter.
The proof I have is another person's property that is still in ongoing litigation with bg. So it's not my place. But as I have been involved and Informed of every step of the fight. Along with involvement with other issues, I know what I am talking about.
1) they are still a vendor for lightning parts. It doesnt say site supporting vendors......it just vendors feedback.
2) i take it as is (until proven), because i dont know u nor do i care about how long youve been here or the title after your name. But whatever. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
And also im not defending them as a vendor or whatever as i have never bought anythimg from them. And appears i wont be.

Reactions: Struck in AZ

·
Administrator
18,552 Posts
I reached out to a friend of mine that knows Brad and Nina well. I am hoping they come on to explain their side. It is only fair to give them a chance to do so. He is relaying the message to them.

Jim

·
10 second street truck
11,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey Brad, if you want to call people about this thread, call me. I'll tell you to get fucked you lying shitbag.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
What kind of proof do you need...I've got my paid invoice for a polished Whipple 2.9 from 'Black Friday' back on November 21, 2018. Numerous calls to BG, always spoke to Nina who was nice but gave the same story every time, resulted in, "You should have it in about 4 weeks..."

Called Whipple directly to see what the issue was and, amazingly enough, not only was there not an order under my name but Whipple told me they didn't deal with BG directly.

Blower drop shipped, under 'Beefcake Racing', in September of 2019. I still have the invoice and the box from Whipple with the shipping tags on it if someone feels they need actual proof.

I know I'm not the only one who waited forever for a Whipple from BG when JJ was getting them out in two weeks and I also know someone who ordered a new set of Dark Stars and was basically sent a set of previously mounted take-offs.

I know I'll never spend another dime with them and if someone else chooses to that's fine but I'd be very wary but don't be surprised when they 'sit' on your cash. I know my original $4,300 didn't go towards a blower when I ordered it and the invoice I have even shows it was 're-ordered' on July 12, 2019 when I wanted the 'Gen 4' upgrade since I had been waiting forever and obviously couldn't file a PayPal claim.

Find it ironic that they had to 're-order' something that was obviously never ordered in the first place.
Was that me for the Dark Stars you are referring to? Lol i believe you and me spoke about this privately. They indeed sent me a set that looked to be mounted and taken off. That should not have happened in the first place.

Reactions: Dusten

·
10 second street truck
11,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Was that me for the Dark Stars you are referring to? Lol i believe you and me spoke about this privately. They indeed sent me a set that looked to be mounted and taken off. That should not have happened in the first place.
So you got dark stars that looked used?

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Bingo...didn't want to specifically use your name as it was a private conversation but glad you jumped on to validate it's more than heresay.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
As for a worse story that I can take part in discussing here... is about my brother who ordered a 2.9 Whipple from BG Racing back before COVID was non existent. He waited... and waited... and kept getting the run around. It came to a whole damn year before he was fed up with the lies and BS that came out there mouths. From BOTH of them. To late to go through PayPal dispute for him. He had to keep ringing them until finally they where able to pay him back. If that wouldn’t of happened he was ready to proceed through legal action.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts