Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 Lightning, 140k miles but just got a brand new motor installed and warrantied by Ford less than 10k miles ago, and a brand new suspension. I can't post here because I have not posted enough, but I was wondering what other ways y'all go about selling these? I have tried facebook but haven't gotten any legit offers. I am considering auction but wanted to know y'all's thoughts? I'm in South Carolina if anyone has any market value advice. I am trying to price it in the low 20s. It's in excellent condition by the way and garage kept its whole life by one owner.

Greatly appreciate the advice. This is my first time ever selling a vehicle much less a decently niche market vehicle.

Thanks

·
Registered
2004 Sonic Blue Truck is # 3348 of 3781 built on 05/03/2004
3,241 Posts
Auction sites like Bring a Trailer as well as Cars and Bids have seen some stock trucks with low mileage go for a good amount.

I see no issues with selling a higher mileage truck if engine, trans, suspension, brakes and etc. have been replaced/updated. Color as well as modifications and condition of exterior and interior play a factor in pricing as well as what a buyer is willing to pay for it.

Mustang Week just passed and would've been a good venue to have your truck at with a For Sale sign on it as well as the South East Lightning meet that took place in Charlotte. I've seen trucks get sold at these events and expect these meets to get as popular as Mustang week in the near future.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Auction sites like Bring a Trailer as well as Cars and Bids have seen some stock trucks with low mileage go for a good amount.

I see no issues with selling a higher mileage truck if engine, trans, suspension, brakes and etc. have been replaced/updated. Color as well as modifications and condition of exterior and interior play a factor in pricing as well as what a buyer is willing to pay for it.

Mustang Week just passed and would've been a good venue to have your truck at with a For Sale sign on it as well as the South East Lightning meet that took place in Charlotte. I've seen trucks get sold at these events and expect these meets to get as popular as Mustang week in the near future.

Do you have an idea when and where the next one would be?

·
Registered
2004 Sonic Blue Truck is # 3348 of 3781 built on 05/03/2004
3,241 Posts
Do you have an idea when and where the next one would be?
The South East meets are yearly, so next year and location has not been decided.

·
Registered
502 Posts
First I don’t think the post count matters anymore so post up a for sale add if you want to.
Second if you price the truck to sell you would have probably gotten more than tire kickers on fakebook.
In my opinion low $20’s is a bit high for a truck with that mileage even with a new motor and suspension but that’s just my opinion. It’s worth what ever someone will pay for it.
GLWS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
250 Posts
can't help with finding the right price but as far as selling things goes ..

determine your price .. what you want and / or what you have , HAVE to get..

advertise EVERYWHERE... everywhere there might be a common interest ,.and try not to spend money doing it..
I say don't spend to sell..because selling MIGHT take a lot longer than you ever imagined

like the car I bought 6 years ago .. I found the add for it and then saved it for THREE YEARS as a shortcut on my computer..BEFORE I ever even contacted the guy...I have no idea how long it had already been listed for when I first saw it
though , granted there's not much of a market for 1987 dodge shelby chargers ..and the peeps who are interested usually don't have a lot of "buying power" - handycaps that make my example the extreme but all I'm trying to say is posting an add doesn't mean your truck is going anywhere very soon..

and if you can advertise for free .. keep at it and bump the adds every once in a while .. there may be someone out there watchin and waiting like me..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts