Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think the best rust protect spray is? Looking to spray the underneath of the new L I might be getting this weekend. :bigtu

·
Even Then I Was Old Skool!
10,399 Posts
I'd probably go to a self-carwash and use the steam clean setting on the underside, then rinse, let it dry good, use a wire wheel or paint stripper wheel (blue strips?) with a drill to hist any flaky rust, then blow it all off with a compressor. Then brush on the POR with a decent stiff brush, have a couple of sizes handy to get into tight corners.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sounds like POR15 is commonly used so ill probably stick with that. The truck seems to have no rust on it, its just for prevention mainly

·
Registered
623 Posts
Great stuff. Used it in combination with JB Weld to repair the oil pan on one of the 454's in my father's boat last year. Still looks like I just laid it down a year later. It's messy stuff, though; don't let it get on any surfaces you're not prepared to scrub like hell in order to remove it.

·
Premium Member
3,894 Posts
Price varies alot on POR 15 how much you want and what it is for. They make paint for frames, paint for engines and all kinda stuff. I used the engine paint a while back, I have never seen an engine paint go on so thick. Look on flea bay I usually get a kit off there. Looks great and so far is extremely durable, a very nice ford blue color. Can't beat it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts