Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So apparently Kimberly Clark is no longer selling the Noah fabric to ccc which I’ve used on my truck for the last decade +
Any real world experience with a cover material for outdoor use that works as well?

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Well that sucks. I hope my noah can last a while longer.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I've purchased 3 Noah covers since 2009 and they all have been great. Really disappointed they are not an option any longer.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I have the Covercraft Weather Guard HD for one of my vehicles that I park outside in the winter. Over 8 years and it still performs flawlessly!

Reactions: MIKECR250

·
Registered
8 Posts
Am curious about car covers, I have seen many people say using a cover outdoors will destroy the paint over time from the wind. Also the car has to be completely clean before putting the cover on or overtime the cover will collect debris and scratch at the clear coat.

I don't have a garage and cannot fit one on my small lot. A friend mentioned ceramic coatings are an idea but have not looked into that. I will check out the Covercraft Weather Guard HD.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Am curious about car covers, I have seen many people say using a cover outdoors will destroy the paint over time from the wind. Also the car has to be completely clean before putting the cover on or overtime the cover will collect debris and scratch at the clear coat.

I don't have a garage and cannot fit one on my small lot. A friend mentioned ceramic coatings are an idea but have not looked into that. I will check out the Covercraft Weather Guard HD.
I’ve had said cover for years and the vehicle sits out in an open area near the garage which is exposed to every element, including bird crap.... Still not a problem!
They’re not cheap and I’d highly recommend the “high wind” strap kit front and rear (plus the security cable in the middle. But as long as you clean the vehicle before storing it, you shouldn’t have any problems.

·
Registered
2004 Sonic Blue Truck is # 3348 of 3781 built on 05/03/2004
3,193 Posts
So apparently Kimberly Clark is no longer selling the Noah fabric to ccc which I’ve used on my truck for the last decade +
Any real world experience with a cover material for outdoor use that works as well?

Garage... :D

Seriously. Nothing puts them "loving care" scratches and swirls in clear like a cover. Unless you are cleaning the truck before putting the cover on it as mentioned above. Honestly I'd take that money and have the truck ceramic coated or something.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Garage... :D

Seriously. Nothing puts them "loving care" scratches and swirls in clear like a cover. Unless you are cleaning the truck before putting the cover on it as mentioned above. Honestly I'd take that money and have the truck ceramic coated or something.
I clean the truck before putting the cover on every time. Have for years. Garage is 5-years out. Gotta pay off the house first. Debt free by 46 has been the goal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts