Lightning Rodder banner
101 - 112 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Top secret for now, but I'll be able to add up to 8 analog inputs and data log/monitor directly from the HU. ;)

With this setup you'd be able to remove all your aftermarket gauges if you wanted, best part is no more need for a clunky x4 and laptop setup anymore for logging.

I'll release info in a few weeks. :smt023
So what's the word? Very interested in getting a Android head unit to monitor pids.

·
Registered
283 Posts
So what's the word? Very interested in getting a Android head unit to monitor pids.
^^^yes

What the word on these units from guys who have had them for a while...One complaint I've read more then once is that they stop working after a few months, or the touch screen stops responding to touch?

And many say the sound quality absolutely sucks and is worse then a stock radio

·
Registered
411 Posts
^^^yes

What the word on these units from guys who have had them for a while...One complaint I've read more then once is that they stop working after a few months, or the touch screen stops responding to touch?

And many say the sound quality absolutely sucks and is worse then a stock radio

Ive had mine a year. It works about as good as you would expect a $300 radio to work. Sounds is OK, Interface is OK, and overall features are OK. The support is OK if you need help. There just isn’t anything that is better than OK.

I would not buy one again. However, if you only have $300 to spend this will be OK for you.

·
Carbon Fiber Addict
12,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
I love mine, hardly ever listen to music but the sound is great for me.

I mainly use mine for Torque Pro to monitor my IAT, IAT2, Coolant Temp, Battery Voltage, Trans Temp, ect.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I love mine, hardly ever listen to music but the sound is great for me.

I mainly use mine for Torque Pro to monitor my IAT, IAT2, Coolant Temp, Battery Voltage, Trans Temp, ect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU3LKQeIx38
I Love the pull you did there on the "underground" express lanes for the pic/video van...I bet that was a cool picture...I have never been down there but then again, I don't make it over to Dallas very often in my lightning

Thanks for your input, Some love it, some just say its ok and others say its an absolute piece of junk...Not sure who to believe, i guess expectations are all over the place

·
Registered
558 Posts
I didn't realize how much the android auto decks have come down. Pretty much on par and bigger brand names. The torque app is probably the only thing it has advantage over.

Mine went down but it needed an update and fixed everything. Quality is down but I could see an EQ making up for it, even the poweramp app seems to clean it up.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I didn't realize how much the android auto decks have come down. Pretty much on par and bigger brand names. The torque app is probably the only thing it has advantage over.

Mine went down but it needed an update and fixed everything. Quality is down but I could see an EQ making up for it, even the poweramp app seems to clean it up.

Poweramp definitely helped. It still needs a bit more power to match what most aftermarket radios already have.

·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,701 Posts
maybe this winter I'll finally get to do an android deck mod so I can run torque. A few years back my head unit flew out and smashed the back wall on a launch....startled the crap out of me. I never got around to fixing it though with all the drivetrain gremlins the past few years since I end up spending that mod time & money under the hood lol

·
Registered
558 Posts
If you haven't tried yet the spotify works awesome. Full interface shows everything and integrates with your phone for data or wifi.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I realize this is a really old thread. I am sorry to resurrrect it, but it seemed maybe a better idea than starting the whole discussion anew?

Has anyone has done anything more recently with any of the newer in dash android touchscreens? I see joying makes a few double din 7" ones also a single din 6.2" that maybe i wouldn't have to cut the stereo bay or bracket to use this instead? Must one stick to Joying brand or will any android HU work for a display with torque pro app?

101 - 112 of 112 Posts