·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,701 Posts
Reactions: Boss Hoss

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
ANY ELECTRONIC BROS ON 1 DIN INSTALLS

George, Is making two pod radio bezel for me, Double din will not work in the slot on bezel so i will have to go with single din. Mabey flip out i don't know any good recommendations on brand type etc, that will work on one of Georges two pod bezels. Our original radios are considered are like din and half i believe so i need a good unit that will work.:smt023

I mentioned this before if you have seen one of Georges two pod radio bezels you will know what brand of 1 din i will be needing will a flip up work the gap where the unit will fit is not as large as the OEM bezel.I thought someone may have some expertise in this type of installation any suggestions are appreciated Thanks Tom:smt023

·
Premium Member
5,754 Posts
Nice, I'm liking what I'm hearing. The Joying seems like a nicer unit that many others I've seen anyways. I especially wanted the touchscreen, I'm not a fan on knobs and buttons on most new double dins.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Hmm. Thought everything was working. Forgot to check to see if I can actually dial out through my phone but doesn't seem to connect even though it makes the chain link symbol. Eventually chain link shows disconnected. Any have a problem with this?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Yes, they can be rooted. I had mine rooted for awhile to install Viper4Android for more equalizer options.

I also found a way to add analog inputs to data log with Torque Pro.

They're starting to build them with built in amps for better sound quality & less heat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxTnUq1SkH0

I'm looking forward to hearing more about the units with built-in amps. My sound quality is fine, but would love a little more low end. I don't want to add a sub, but I have upgraded all the door speakers and know they would sound better with an amp powering them.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Got those 2 issues resolved. Just have the microphone left. Connect but no result.

·
Carbon Fiber Addict
12,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
details!!!!
Top secret for now, but I'll be able to add up to 8 analog inputs and data log/monitor directly from the HU. ;)

With this setup you'd be able to remove all your aftermarket gauges if you wanted, best part is no more need for a clunky x4 and laptop setup anymore for logging.

I'll release info in a few weeks. :smt023

·
Registered
167 Posts
Top secret for now, but I'll be able to add up to 8 analog inputs and data log/monitor directly from the HU. ;)

With this setup you'd be able to remove all your aftermarket gauges if you wanted, best part is no more need for a clunky x4 and laptop setup anymore for logging.

Over Bluetooth?

·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,701 Posts

well don't forget to spill the beans on all that!

Reactions: Boss Hoss

·
Registered
2004 Sonic Blue Truck is # 3348 of 3781 built on 05/03/2004
3,303 Posts
@s|ck Time to sell my Pumpkin and get a Joying? Or are we talking about next gen Joying?

·
Registered
558 Posts
Works great for tailgate parties. Lucky I get full wifi signal for spotify, and control it through my phone. Was thinking if it had video out, would be epic.

·
Registered
2004 Sonic Blue Truck is # 3348 of 3781 built on 05/03/2004
3,303 Posts
I went with the OBDLink LX Bluetooth, it's about $50 but is able read J1850 PWM protocols. You can also leave it plugged in and not worry about it draining your battery.

What gauges is everyone setting theirs up with? I just started messing around with mine and with all the various options not sure what or which to select.

Any info on this yet?

Reactions: 85F150

·
10 SECOND CLUB!
929 Posts
I love my LG1's, wife even says very comfortable.

·
SLW-SVT
2,959 Posts
81 - 100 of 112 Posts