Lightning Rodder banner
61 - 80 of 112 Posts

·
Dude
2,372 Posts
So I'm starting the install and the metra kit is no help at all and I suck at fabrication. You guys have any tips on getting the bezel to fit right? I'm thinking I'll trim the top and bottom of the bezel (unfortunately) with the dremel, and would atleast slide flush. The other issue is the 5mm gap on left and right side.
Doesnt this unit mount behind the face of the center console???.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I only had to cut the top portion of the bezel with a Dremel. I cut a little at a time until it finally fit over the radio and snapped into place.

I ended up cutting the metra trim pieces quite a bit. Used some black double sided tape to secure them to the radio to fill the gaps on the sides of the radio.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I updated mine to 6.0.1, but I haven't tried rooting it. According to a couple posts on xdadevelopers, it will work with Kingoroot. Good luck!

·
Registered
558 Posts
I only had to cut the top portion of the bezel with a Dremel. I cut a little at a time until it finally fit over the radio and snapped into place.

I ended up cutting the metra trim pieces quite a bit. Used some black double sided tape to secure them to the radio to fill the gaps on the sides of the radio.
It fits great. Same thing except I also trimmed the bottom which wasn't needed. I mistakenly was fitting the deck with the bezel out, but when installed it doesn't need the full opening because of the curved edge. Oh well it still looks great. Even with the gap its hardly noticeable. Will check in the daylight to see how noticeable it is.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Man U guys are having a lot more success then my jk jeep forum. Most guys said sound was worse and has problems. Please list brand names bexouse I am really interested. The JK crowd ha zero success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
558 Posts
Yeah, I'm hesitant because of all the reviews I've seen as well. A bunch of folks are saying they worked great... for a month or two.
I'm a bit suspicious of that too. Just like your phone how it starts slowing down. As long as it doesn't get loaded up with apps and kept clean, I can't see why it would drop off.

·
Premium Member
5,754 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
GEORGE IS MAKING TWO POD RADIO BEZEL FOR ME

George, Is making two pod radio bezel for me, Double din will not work in the slot on bezel so i will have to go with single din. Mabey flip out i don't know any good recommendations on brand type etc, that will work on one of Georges two pod bezels. Our original radios are considered are like din and half i believe so i need a good unit that will work.:smt023

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
I LOOKED AT SPEAKERS ONE SET $549.99

zzzap i just put the sph-da120 in my l and have it in my f250 and love it fixing to build a 1 sub downfire box like mmcustom works built and be done with it

I Looked at speakers, Some different brands as indicated I will need quality din 1 unit double din will fit in the two pod radio bezel George is making. Pioneer makes some good speakers at a little lower price.

·
Premium Member
5,754 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
The Waze app does? how do you like everything else about it? Any problem using multiple apps?
It's quad core so doesn't have problems multi-tasking. I am having problems getting a gps signal. And using cell data to connect even though the bt is working.

·
Registered
167 Posts
The Joying unit has 2gb of ram, 32gb of system memory and a quad core CPU. I typically run Torque in the foreground and google maps, hardware info, and the radio in the background all at the same time. There is no noticeable lag, the navi voice cuts in when needed and the phone takes over when a call is coming in. I haven't tried to play video while using anything else. The backup camera works the way it's designed. Sometimes the bluetooth is reluctant to connect to my OBDII adapter, it has no problem joining, but it's irritating to have to re-join it about once a week. My phone has no problem staying connected, though - that's kinda odd. I mounted my GPS under the surfboard, works great. It could have a little better FM reception and once the CPU heat is addressed the system no longer throttles itself down. I'm not an audiophile, I hardly turn it up over 10, so I can't speak for the loudness quality. The only real issue I have with it is the size of the screen. I'd love to have a 10" screen but there is just no room.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Need space?

Jesus..

·
Carbon Fiber Addict
12,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Yes, they can be rooted. I had mine rooted for awhile to install Viper4Android for more equalizer options.

I also found a way to add analog inputs to data log with Torque Pro.

They're starting to build them with built in amps for better sound quality & less heat.

61 - 80 of 112 Posts