Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

· Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've all gotten these quotable gems. Tell us yours.

Mine: Had a friend who when he first saw my truck said, "Jim, that truck gives me a hard on just looking at it."

Runner-up: Little old lady in WalMart parking lot: "My, that's a pretty color. Does it get good gas mileage?"

Jim

· Professional Lackey
454 Posts
Back right after I bought my truck, I was at a light when a guy in a ranger told me he liked my Lightning clone. I told it wasn't a clone but he insisted it was a clone because the Lightning wasn't available in dark blue. Little did he know my truck was a factory 02 True Blue Lightning.

· Not Fast Enough
1,932 Posts
"There's something wrong with your alternator"

I'll never forget that one, since it was from some ricer kid, who thought he knew everything under the sun about every single car/truck.

· Registered
19 Posts
Don't own a lightning unfortunately, but I did have two guys stop and ask me how hard it was to put the cummins in.... Head gaskets were bad and a combination of white and black smoke mixed with the horrible engine sound on 5 cyl. must have gave them the idea? I just told them it was easy once you took the gas tank out.

· Registered
597 Posts
"I sure as f_ _ _ didn't expect that!"

· Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
11,634 Posts
Guard at age to Tinker AFB, one day on the way into work: "I'll give you $20,000 for that right now". I said "no thanks, that's what I paid for it."

Older black woman, not long after I put the cogs on: "that things sounds mean, sounds like a jet engine spooling up." I was surprised she knew what "jet engine spooling up" meant. ;)

OP: I still like that hood the best of all of them. I just can't get up the gumption to buy one. Fiberglas hoods are well known for having fitment issues. Don't want to deal with them.

· Registered
913 Posts
at sonic and older lady brought me my drink "oh my thats a beautiful truck"

got on my truck one day after work and noticed a piece of paper on my whipper, got off and it said "I love you truck let me know if you want to sell ***-***-****" that what i remember from the note i still have it i need to get it out and take a picture and post it on here lol

· Even Then I Was Old Skool!
10,415 Posts
Best comment was at a show a while back, I had just parked, tipped open the Speedstur, got my chairs, detail bucket out, set up the showboard and people were admiring the ghost flames on the hood... I opened it and one of the guys just said "Holy Shit" real slow. Made my day.

· Registered
634 Posts
Last night at a cruise in....young man looks it over and mumbles to his girl...."What is a Lightning?". She read the SVT certificate and said..."It is one fast f.....g truck.". His comment...."we gotta get one."....and he walked away looking back for 50 feet.

· Registered
1,702 Posts
from an officer on a late night run, trucks 1st personalized plate was WRK TRK.
bunch of us cruising back from "mexico" lit it up a little leaving a light Cop does a u turn & pulls me over, cool cop took all my stuff back to his car , comes back hands me my stuff(no ticket) as he's walking back to the cruiser I see him stop turn around and start coming back, I think F*#@.... I'm on slicks & all, then he stops & says "thats 1 SWEET work truck" enjoy your night

· "01 Fastblack"
320 Posts
I had just bought my L and pulled out of the sellers driveway and 30 seconds down the street into a 76 station to fill up and some guy says "Wow that thing sounds fast, nice truck". And one more "Bad ass bro" and a thumbs up in the parking lot of Marie Callender's after we stopped for lunch. So I was feeling pretty good about my purchase after getting a couple of compliments before even getting the truck home. :smt003

· Black Sunshine
879 Posts
Older man out in the middle of Kansas, Right after I bought my sonic blue lightning was driving back to Texas Said . Damn ford makes that what year is it a 13? Back in 13 when I bought it.. Hehe
Another old man, that's a cool body kit on your f150.. Lmao

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.