Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
regular joe
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand bed rail caps are hard to come by...which i find weird. I looked at some for a 2003 f150...oem...and i am told they do not fit a lightning. Do they really not fit or is it because they are a different color?

Example: XL3Z-99291A41-BAA says does not fit a lightning

·
10 second street truck
2001 Ford Lightning
11,609 Posts
Looks like its not for a stepside.

Not sure on color.
Late model resto lists the rear piece and the lh side. But not rh

·
Registered
2004 Sonic Blue Truck is # 3348 of 3781 built on 05/03/2004
3,058 Posts

·
regular joe
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, unfortunately, the rh bed rail for a lightning is unobtanium. Such a weird piece to be discontinued

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I understand bed rail caps are hard to come by...which i find weird. I looked at some for a 2003 f150...oem...and i am told they do not fit a lightning. Do they really not fit or is it because they are a different color?

Example: XL3Z-99291A41-BAA says does not fit a lightning
where are you located? I have two sets for a lightning.

·
regular joe
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
where are you located? I have two sets for a lightning.
Im in GA, but if they are in good shape, I'd absolutely pay the high cost of shipping

·
Registered
2004 Sonic Blue Truck is # 3348 of 3781 built on 05/03/2004
3,058 Posts
L34-83291A35-AAW

F85b-83291A35-AAW

are the two numbers that I see on the LH bed rail cap that I have in my parts horde. I'd try the local pick and pull. It's getting to the point now where I've almost stopped someone in 97-04 Heritage and asked if they'd be interested in cash for parts. LOL

·
regular joe
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Any idea what makes them Lightning-specific? My only thought would be color also but that's just a guess.
That is what im guessing...but i cant seem to get an answer anywhere. I believe lightnings are dark gray and F150s are black???????

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
That is what im guessing...but i cant seem to get an answer anywhere. I believe lightnings are dark gray and F150s are black???????
Only thing I could think of...I know the tonneau cover was different in that it was 'Storm' or something like that, basically gray. Maybe the bed rails are the same thing.

·
Member Senior
188 Posts
My F150 bed rails are grey. I can take one off and set it up against the lightning and see if they are the same color.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

·
regular joe
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My F150 bed rails are grey. I can take one off and set it up against the lightning and see if they are the same color.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
That may be good for future reference. I found some used ones i need to clean up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts