Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Even Then I Was Old Skool!
10,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK... I have a stock-sized battery with the top mount, covered with the plastic ABS box and Chickenears billet. Still have the factory terminal/clamps and I'd like to put something nicer on the battery posts, something with multiple connections maybe. Amazon has tons of them, but I can't get their links to work, so try this:

DIGITAL BATTERY TERMINALS

Not really interested in side mounts as my battery is new, and I like my setup... just don't like the ugly old connector. So what are you using, and why do you like it?

Mike

·
tuned by JJ @ WMS
8,864 Posts
link doesnt work mike

·
10,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Used a different link, can't get Amazon's to work, maybe they are blocked. Go back to OP. Digital display is cool but not necessary... but one reviewer pointed out its nice to see what the alternator's putting out while you're under the hood, and when you kick in your stereo you might see some big drops meaning you need some "help" with your stereo.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Memphis Audio. Positive and negative are the same (negative has a thin insert to work). Have two 4/0 ports with removable inserts and a single 8. I had them on my stock battery with billet covers and on my Optima now.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,064 Posts

·
NO SPONSORS
5,686 Posts
I'm using a xs power battery and hold down. I also have there top and side mount terminal adapters. Instead of using the side mounts I stuck posts in there to use the factory harness. For the top I'm using stingers dual 0ga digital read out terminal. I have my 0ga for my stereo system, and extra 0ga going to my alt. for the neg. I'm using a mobile spec, but will be switching to he matching stinger.

·
Cogswell Cogs
3,384 Posts
I'm using Stinger terminals for better connections and room for the additional and larger ground wire.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I think this is going to be a very nice option when it's released

Connect you existing post or use the threaded spots and ring terminals. Opens up options.

·
10,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm using Stinger terminals for better connections and room for the additional and larger ground wire.

Funny... I was thinking about ordering Stingers then I figured I'd ask around. The billet ones look nice too.

Mike

·
NO SPONSORS
5,686 Posts

That's what I have and love it so far. Need to order the neg. one though

·
10,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
After discussing this with Jeff today, I decided to go with the Stinger package. That will clean up my uuuugly stock setup.

Mike

·
Cogswell Cogs
3,384 Posts
Gee... I wouldn't call it a discussion... it was just a couple of email questions.

:laughing25

·
10,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I would reccomend against any of the Allen screw smashed wire type... the exposed wire gets corroded, the allens can work loose, etc.. etc.. etc..
Seriously? After I order them you suggest problems? LOL. WELL I'll just have to deal with it. Loctite the Allen screws? Maybe check them periodically? That's why I bought through Amazon... If I don't like them they're going back.

I have to email/text you about other stuff. So did you take pix at Carlisle?

·
Likes the corn brew
5,338 Posts
Seriously? After I order them you suggest problems? LOL. WELL I'll just have to deal with it. Loctite the Allen screws? Maybe check them periodically? That's why I bought through Amazon... If I don't like them they're going back.

I have to email/text you about other stuff. So did you take pix at Carlisle?
Someone else mentioned it too!!

Any crimp type are junk, Find one with a solder lug.
Poor electrical connections can cause a fire.
Unfortunately I have only a couple random cellphone pics from Carlisle. It was huge, a little overwhelming at first.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts