Lightning Rodder banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
This is from my partner in this deal who found the truck;

"I was lucky enough to hear a story about a truck that has been sitting for a while due to the owner getting very sick and not being able to enjoy it anymore. The owners (in their 80's) always wanted one. They purchased it and drove it to SC on vacation for a few weeks. Used it to run to the local grocery store and car shows. The husband got sick and parked it. That was the last time it was moved. The lady said she could not part with it but her husbands bills are overwhelming and needed to let it go. "

Its in perfect condition except for the tires. We are accepting offers at the moment but keep in mind what the value of this truck is before you make an offer. Offers can be emailed to [email protected]

JJ

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
10,227 Posts
Looks great! Do you have any pics of the underbody and engine bay?
I'd be afraid to see those. We all know what mice do when given a vehicle and left alone with it. EEK!! From what I've read over at The Ranger Station, mice making nests in airboxes is quite common. Chewing wires. etc.

·
Registered
8,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Looks great! Do you have any pics of the underbody and engine bay?
We will have a bunch of pictures coming very soon of pretty much everything.

For now I have attached two pictures of the frame that were taken before it was moved out of its storage area.

There is absolutely no critter damage anywhere on the truck, it was stored correctly with moth balls and the proper coverings on the interior. It was not stored with a car cover because over long periods of time they can do more harm then good.

Trust me when I tell you that this truck looks like it just came off the showroom floor.

JJ

^^^ and thats before any polishing...

[email protected]

·
Registered
887 Posts
Wonder why anyone would let a beautiful truck sit for so long?
99% of the time with any vehicle, it’s health or financial issues. It’s just a matter of being the lucky one to find out about them years later, like JJ did!

·
Registered
8,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
This truck was offered up for sale on Ebay last week and a buyer for a collector contacted me to purchase this Lightning the same day it was listed. It was sold less then 24hrs.

I am not at liberty to disclose the final purchase price but I would encourage anyone who is looking to sell a low mileage, clean and unmodded Lightning to ask in the mid to high $40k range as there are buyers out there looking for them in original condition.

I am sad to see this truck go as I more then likely will not see another one like it or come across such an opportunity again but I'm glad its going to a collector and I'm glad it will always remain 100% stock.

[email protected]

·
Registered
887 Posts
I saw it listed and was impressed by the bidding on it. Hopefully it went to a good home.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts