Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a backup camera in my Lightning. It’s placed in the hole where you lower the spare tire. I put a hinge on it so if I get a flat I just pull the camera back. I’m running it through my DVD player. It’s a cool toy and a good safety device. You never know when backing up, if yours or someone’s child or pet is right behind you truck.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
VERY IMPRESSIVE!!!!

:smt023 SWEEET!

Could you possibly get a write up posted on your mod?

The camera mod sounds awesome bro!

Are there any camera zoom capabilities w/this mod?

YOU HAVE ME VERY INTERESTED!

Thanks!

Chris :smt041

·
Project Dirty Dog
6,747 Posts
Sweet

That is cool. Now I guess it's time for the Panasonic all in one to go into the L soon.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Chris, Glad you like this mod. No zoom capabilities with the camera I installed. I can do a write up including pix. I am in the middle of buying a home and relocating from the Bay Area (CA) to SLO; therefore, it is really crazy around here. I probably won’t be able to put it together until sometime in October. Hope this works ok for you

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
I agree, I love it, NICE MOD Flash :smt023

I drove in a car just last week that comes with a factory back up Camera,
It's waaaaaaaaaaaaay cool :smt026

·
Registered
7 Posts
I acutally built a surveillance F-150 work truck back in the day. It was a pretty slick set up it had cameras behind 2 way glass in aftermarket power rearview mirrors They had a vcr behind the seat to record the action and it had 2.4 ghz transmitter to send the video to a remote vehicle. You could acually adjust the angle of the camera remotely with a dtmf controller with the power mirrors. They also had 2 other cameras mounted in the vents so you would be able to use it as a buy vehicle as well. Your setup is creative i like it :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone, I’m a gadget guy and always tinkering around with ideas. LightningLarsen, your surveillance setup is sweet. My kind of security

·
Registered
541 Posts
Hi Blackflash,
I too have a backup camera, is yours showing cross image?
when you look in the rearview you see something on your left,
and when you look at the screen it's oppisite?
is there a way to change this?
Thank You,
Bryan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts