Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys
My name is Joerg and I´m from Germany

I owned a 99 Lightning from 2013-15 which I drove as my DD. But while the fuel costs were way to high for a DD I decided to sell it. I thought my GT500 would be more enough to enjoy and I would not miss the L....

But what should I say? Over the years I began missing the L and at the end of 2021 I decided to search for another one, this time not for daily driving, just for fun like my GT500.

I searched several month, inspected several Trucks (these are hard to find over here in europe) and finally found one in pretty good shape at a Ford dealer ;-)

Its an 03 Model with only 35,000mls on it. It allready has a Brembo brake, Ohlins struts with Eibach springs, drop spindels, shackles etc.. Also it has an 2.3l Whipple on it.

As the interieur was so pristine and I also had an center console mod lying around from my 99 L, so i dicided toI store the nearly new interieur and mounted the centerconsole along with a set of Sparco seats. These are limited Ford Racing seats out of the Ford Racing Puma which I get my hands on long years ago.

It also had a full ARH 3" exhaust system with longtubes and no cats. Way to loud for the german regulations, so it had to go.. I build downpipes with 2013 Gt500 cats myself and conncted them to a flowmaster exhaust, so this will work for me now.

And now I have to take an I on the front suspension cause the wheels rub in the arches when driving through dips.. I think I will let the Eibachs go for stock springs, maybe I will later also change the drop spindles for the DJM control arms.

Joerg

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Automotive side marker light
Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Tire Car

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Automotive tail & brake light
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part Car seat cover

·
Slevin
1,081 Posts
Thanks

I have no idea....But I like the stock look better, for that reason I will ad the Ford emblem to it.
Don't add one, take the grille out, and sell / trade with someone who wants one without an emblem.

Its a stock grill (probably parts from two) thats been cut and molded to remove the emblem.

You've got a great truck, and there is a lot of work done to it from what I see. Console with HVAC controls is a very uncommon mod

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Don't add one, take the grille out, and sell / trade with someone who wants one without an emblem.
I don´t want to sell the grille, I think I will fabricate a detachable emblem holder which will not harm the grill and can be removed when I change my mind for a cleaner look

You've got a great truck, and there is a lot of work done to it from what I see. Console with HVAC controls is a very uncommon mod
Thanks
I bought the console 10 years ago from the 1 2 fast 4 you, I replaced the HVAC controls with gauges in the meantime :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts